South African Concertinas And More Reviews

Just a note to advise of some new material added to my website, at http://angloconcertina.org

1) A little photo essay on a wonderful trip my wife and I took to South Africa earlier this year, where we visited with concertina players of both of the major Boer music clubs. As with all of my postings, I'm grateful for any edits and corrections; please send them to me via the message feature on this Forum. A similar photo essay on a trip to Australia was published on my website in 2011. I'm still preparing similar articles on recent 'concertina trips' to England and Ireland!

2) Two new reviews of my House Dance CDRom, published last year. The first is by Micheal O'Rahallaigh, the noted concertina player, who wrote it for Bealoideas, the Journal of the Irish Folklore Society. The second is by Gage Averill, a concertina player and past president of the Society for Ethnomusicology, and was published in the latest PICA. Those reviews and others are included in a page of descriptions of that publication.

Links to all of this new material are to be found on the home page of my website.

Cheers,

Dan