Eighth Charles Wheatstone Mornington Crescent Game

And onwards from Bal-ham, that well known way of gates,to another Hammy location ... go north ... to that wondrous place known as Clapham Common.

Is it me good people, or is this a very long and meandering route to our desired goal ?

Meandering play? Naw not us!! :unsure:

Off for a bit of culture now, anyone coming along? Barbican

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And onwards from Bal-ham, that well known way of gates,to another Hammy location ... go north ... to that wondrous place known as Clapham Common.

Is it me good people, or is this a very long and meandering route to our desired goal ?

Meandering play? Naw not us!! :unsure:

Off for a bit of culture now, anyone coming along? Barbican

A dramatic move ,and music to the ears forsooth ....so a thespian thrust back down the line to Liverpool Street, I reckon.

No, it's just that we're circling round, trying to avoid making the wrong move that opens the way for an opponent to get to Mornington Crescent.

A dramatic move ,and music to the ears forsooth ....so a thespian thrust back down the line to Liverpool Street, I reckon.

There are very few good moves left, so I'll cross my fingers and play

Stratford

as a simple Central line transfer.

Damn, hate setting it up....

You and me both as that just leaves me with the desperate measure of a Jordan's Wobble to Oxford Circus

As I was saying to Samantha last night, "Sometimes you've got no choice but to go for the only opening available and hope for the best!"

A ripping good move is Harry Beck's Favourite: Whitechapel

I may be missing the obvious, but I find very few good moves left.

Our circling around has eliminated most of the possible safe plays.

One of the few places left is

Leicester Square

but this could be dangerous because it's on a Northern Intersect.

A ripping good move is Harry Beck's Favourite: Whitechapel

I may be missing the obvious, but I find very few good moves left.

Our circling around has eliminated most of the possible safe plays.

One of the few places left is

Leicester Square

but this could be dangerous because it's on a Northern Intersect.

Well thanks a bunch David! :angry:

I logged on today thinking "Play it cool, take your time, they haven't noticed Chris' very subtle reference to Freud's third option of a non-oedipal regression play which becomes available from Whitechapel due to the proximity of the V&A Museum of Childhood at Bethnal Green and opens the way for a direct hop to Mornington Crescent for any of the following five moves as long as the first one isn't to Leicester Square (which negates the effect due to the Northern Intersect)." Your move has blown two weeks of my plotting and deprived me of a clear home run so I'm going to sulk at Upminster :(

Oh, cool, very cool, Irene. As nice a Gandhi ploy as I've seen this year. So everyone has to wait one move while you get a clear shot at Bow Road if you want to take it.

Chris

PS Woody, that should, of course, be Freud's fourth option, but I suspect you are testing me. Perfectly valid thing to do, I agree. The day I fail to detect the difference between a third and fourth option is the day I hang up my official cheese grater.

PS Woody, that should, of course, be Freud's fourth option, but I suspect you are testing me. Perfectly valid thing to do, I agree. The day I fail to detect the difference between a third and fourth option is the day I hang up my official cheese grater.

Nice to see you're still on the ball Mr. T ;)

Oh to heck with it ... rumbled ... OK Chris I'll uncross the tracks and wires ... BOW ROAD.

This is getting very complex, but I think I can cross the Docklands and get to

Canary Wharf

We seem to be getting further and further away from our destination.

Oh to heck with it ... rumbled ... OK Chris I'll uncross the tracks and wires ... BOW ROAD.

This is getting very complex, but I think I can cross the Docklands and get to

Canary Wharf

We seem to be getting further and further away from our destination.

That's twice you've nobbled me in a short space of time. I'm starting to wonder if it's personal!

Let's go and visit the dinosaurs at South Kensington