Jeffries Scam Warning

SteveS

You know, I never felt responsible for the actions of people bidding on my concertina. If they couldn't even do a little cursory background checking, like making a phone call, then I've not much sympathy for them.

My point, agreeing I think with Dirge, is just to ignore the eBay/corporate side of it ( think Hydra) but simply to post it here on C.net and let bidders check in here first.

Robin

I wasn't impugning Robin's character at all.The facts are that the sale of the Crabb was raised here on c.net initially and Robin volunteered the information that he was the owner. I was curious enough to find out on ebay "community " what could be done about this type of thing. The answer was that only the owner could get ebay to take such a listing down, but would need to go through the police. I sent a PM to Robin with this info. but he didn't want to take any action. That was his choice.

When all is said and done it depends on ones own attitude to preventing fraud/theft and doing what one can to stop it. I feel that people should try and stop this sort of thing, if poss.

I hope no one else is put in this situation, but I think it is quite likely to reoccur.

Look at the situation with horsemeat!! Someone committing fraud to make a quick buck.

I do agree with Robin that some checks would be a good idea. I wouldn't want to spend that amount of money without knowing more about the item.

Edited by Ann-p