Double Reeded Crabb EC

Geoff Wooff

This is still for sale. I too have reported it twice, and have just managed to find a message box where I explained what was going on. Ebay don't make it easy for people to write messages to them!

Edit: Perhaps if lots of members report this now to ebay, weight of numbers may prevail!

Edited by Ann-p

This is still for sale. I too have reported it twice, and have just managed to find a message box where I explained what was going on. Ebay don't make it easy for people to write messages to them!

The same photos and description also appear on numerous classified ad sites.

I messaged the seller to ask for the serial no. to "check the date with Crabb concertinas"!! He's just come back with no 17798.

Fact or fiction? Afraid I don't know enough about it to tell!

Perhaps, this correspondence via ebay messages might be of interest or potential help to anyone who is attempting to resolve this.

Dear danersen,

yes of course

for more pictures respond here: gernaro.79 @ hotmail.com

Thanks, Paul.

Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:17:54 -0700:

Details about the item: danersen sent a message about English Concertina Crabb Treble Twin Reeded Red 41 Keys #200876262671

Dear gernaro79,

Hello,

Might you have photos of the inside?

I'd like a look at the condition of the reed pans and reeds on both sides of each soundboard.

Might I be able to pay you a visit to play it?

Thanks.

Edited by danersen

I decided to be cheeky and and asked "why are you trying to sell a concertina owned by someone else? This is provable." I have been ignored, no denial or proof of ownership forthcoming. Unfortunately it looks as if this will "sell" and someone may be defrauded. The seller will probably take the money out of Paypal and disappear. Whether the purchaser gets their money back remains to be seen.

Is it interesting that 885 people have viewed this topic, so far, and 558 have viewed the ebay listing in question?... well perhaps not.

What is disturbing, and interesting, is that here in France there is a definate distrust of ebay and people buying and selling are twice as likely to use a " Clasified Ads" site like www.leboncoin.fr . On this type of site you will also get fraudulent listings but with phone numbers and email addresses being used as the contact basis it is much safer for the purchaser. I have bought several things using this type of site and nothing using ebay.

Ebay.fr has had to include "small ads"( classifieds) alongside their usual auction listings or loose out on business.

Edited by Geoff Wooff

Well, there we are the auction finnished and shows the item sold for £1800 . :huh:

Any thoughts ?

Wondering why this particular auction wasn't pulled, while many others were pulled almost immediately. Could this scammer be an insider at eBay, who's intercepting the complaints? Seems unlikely, but stranger things have been known to happen.

Or is the high bidder someone with eBay and law enforcement, hoping to use their payment to track down the fraudster for criminal prosecution? Yeah, I know, that seems even more unlikely. :ph34r:

Well, there we are the auction finnished and shows the item sold for £1800 . :huh:

Any thoughts ?

Well, the buyer, like the seller, is someone who has apparently never bought or sold anything on Ebay before, at least not under that Ebay ID. He also put in his high bid earlier on in the auction and had his high bid whittled away by a last minute bidder, who was either a genuine bidder, determined to see if he could win it, or someone working with the seller to push the bidding up. Unless there is a way of contacting the winning bidder in a week or so's time to find out whether he's been scammed or not, we shall probably never know the outcome.

Chris