Sign in to follow this  
griffinga

Vintage Sheet Music

I was at an auction a few weeks ago (way down back – could hardly see a thing) when the auctioneer announced the next lot as “concertina music”. I bought it (without being able to see it – rarely a good idea at auctions) and it turned out to be about 8 pounds of vintage sheet music (mostly polkas and waltzes) published in the early 40s. It’s labeled as being made for the concertina. Anyone looking for vintage sheet music - contact me.

I was at an auction a few weeks ago (way down back – could hardly see a thing) when the auctioneer announced the next lot as “concertina music”. I bought it (without being able to see it – rarely a good idea at auctions) and it turned out to be about 8 pounds of vintage sheet music (mostly polkas and waltzes) published in the early 40s. It’s labeled as being made for the concertina. Anyone looking for vintage sheet music - contact me.

The ICA (International Concertina Association)will be very interested in this music.

Al

The ICA (International Concertina Association)will be very interested in this music.

Might depend on what kind of "concertina" it's for.

If it's for the English, that would be very interesting. If it's that many arrangements for anglo, it would be a find, indeed! But I suspect -- especially if it's mostly polkas and waltzes -- that it's arrangements for the Chemnitzer concertina. In that case, I don't know how interested the ICA would be, but concertina.net member Ted Kloba would likely be able to advise.

Might depend on what kind of "concertina" it's for.

If it's for the English, that would be very interesting. If it's that many arrangements for anglo, it would be a find, indeed! But I suspect -- especially if it's mostly polkas and waltzes -- that it's arrangements for the Chemnitzer concertina. In that case, I don't know how interested the ICA would be, but concertina.net member Ted Kloba would likely be able to advise.

Hello,

It sounds an interesting find. Yes the ICA would be interested in the music if it's arranged for English, Duet or - indeed Anglo (!). I've sent a PM.

Jeremy

librarian@concertina.org

Still scanning posts on the forums for mentions of my name or "chemnitzer"...

What was the outcome of this? Was it Chemnitzer music?

Hi Theodore,

Yes, it was a collection of Chemnitzer music so, regrettably, not the kind of music we collect in the ICA library.

Regards,

Jeremy