Sign in to follow this  
conzertino

Lachenal 48-key double-action G-Bass for sale

I want to aquire another expensive instrument - so one of the basses has to go ;-)

Bass1.JPG

It is a 48 key rosewood-ended bass with double-action ( plays on push and pull ). It reaches down to G. So it plays with normal treble fingering two octaves below a treble conertina ( one octave below a baritone )!

Bass2.JPG

I bought it some 30 years ago. It is in concert-pitch, good original condition, air-tight, has been well maintained and occasionally played. Unfortunately there is no serial-number!?

Bass3.JPG

At some stage I have fitted good leather-accordion-valves, but there may be a better solution;-)

Bass4.JPG

It comes in a sturdy custum-made wooden box.

Single-action basses tend to be louder and react faster, but double-action basses can be played easier just like trebles... That's why I prefer them...

They are very rare, especially down to G!! So I'm looking for 3.800 Pound!

It is located in Germany.

Tried sending a PM - seems your mailbox is full.

Please PM me.

Ok, how about 3.300 pound? Or I will keep her for another 30 years :P

If I might offer some advice...

Selling a rare concertina like this is not something that you can expect to do quickly. Even a small price decrease probably does not make much difference. The number of people who aspire to a bass concertina is a small fraction of the number of concertina players, and of those not all will have cash available. So its a question of making the information available as widely as possible, and being ready to wait for the right person to be in a position to buy. Alternatively reduce the price by a a substantial proportion and sell to a dealer. (I'm not in the market for this myself)

Point taken. But I want to buy a particular expensive box. So I just put another rare baby up for sale. If neither of them sells, I will keep them - and save up :rolleyes:

Edited by conzertino