Concertina Scores

FPUJOL

Hello,

I am a new concertina's player, in fact someone has bought one for me, but I don't know what sort of concertina is it ?

There is 20 buttons and the tune is G/C, is it Irish, Anglo-concertina, I don't really understand the differences between, could you explain to me those differences ?

Second, I want to learn so I am looking for scores for this one, where can I find these kind of things, I just want to say that I am living in France, and it doesn't seems so easy to find some score in bookshops.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Fabien.

Hello Fabien, and welcome to concertina.net!

Congratulations on being the proud owner of a C/G 20 button anglo concertina. The books I think you might find most useful are "The anglo concertina demystified" by Bertram Levy and two books by Mick Bramich ("The Irish Concertina: A Tutor for the Anglo Concertina in the Irish Style" and "Absolute Beginner's Concertina: A new guide to playing the twenty key Anglo concertina"). You should be able to order these over the internet. A lot of learners books for the anglo make frequent reference to Irish music but when you are starting out they are equally useful whatever type of music you intend to play.

What type of music do you want to play?

Good luck and have fun with your new instrument!

Samantha

PS Reviews of all these books and others are available here.

Edited by Samantha

I would also suggest Alan Day's Anglo Concertina Tutor (which I must mention I had a hand in creating). Alan is a member of concertina.net and you can get the tutor by contacting him through the e-mail link on his member page.

The tutor is a CD (or tape) with a sheet music supplement added as an afterthought.

The value of this tutor is that it will teach you to play by ear (an ironic comment from the guy who created the sheet music supplement) in the "English" style (melody in the right hand, chords in the left).

Edited by David Barnert

Fabian,

where you are living in France ?

Being a very good book, Bertram Levy´s Desmystified Anglo" is written fopr the 30 button concertina.

As already said, you wwill find here in the net all the information y<ou need, also Chris Timson FAQ.

Int the Links, you wuill find a Frabnh Honmepage in FRranch Langauge, written by a French Concertina Player, I think it is called mroe or less

Concertina in #Fance.

For the 20 button Anglo, I would recommmend also Frank Edgleys Tutor, which you will find easyy on Frank´s Hoepage and can order directly from him too.

If you give me youor address, I cxan send you a copy of a page fo the Fraench Magayine LÁccordeon, sjhowing you where to buy a Beginners Tutor inb France in French.

My eyes are ill so for me it is an extra effort to find, to locate more precisely tjhis information for you. Also I am in ghuur now.

Burt i f you have probelms to find, what I mention, I can helo youz later on, on Sunday.

I have also some CD edited by Henk van Aalen, he made it for me, this great man, playing Irish Tunes and some other at Learning Speed and on normal Speed.

You might find it helpful.

I am allowed to burn a copy.

Enjoy your Concertina and let us know about your progress.

Kind regards

Joachim