Sign in to follow this  
michael sam wild

Small Portable Router

....are you thinking reed pans; face fretwork; buttons, even reed shoes? probably not effective for bellows and reeds....snicker :P

This is just some silly student project. The chances of it getting off the ground are probably zilch. There are plenty of REAL machines on the market that will work well and produce good results. The old adage of "Don't send a boy on a mans errand" comes to mind. C N C is a great way forward on Concertina production as it removes the tedious drudgery of repitition work. I am not averse to making the odd Concertina End on one of our C N C Machining Centres. Quite spectacular to see a 4500 kg machine with a 60 thou cutter in the holder, and great to come in in the morning to find that you have a new pair of ends that have been made whilst you were asleep. This is with all the holes and fretwork ,and a perfect finish.

This is just some silly student project. The chances of it getting off the ground are probably zilch. There are plenty of REAL machines on the market that will work well and produce good results. The old adage of "Don't send a boy on a mans errand" comes to mind. C N C is a great way forward on Concertina production as it removes the tedious drudgery of repitition work. I am not averse to making the odd Concertina End on one of our C N C Machining Centres. Quite spectacular to see a 4500 kg machine with a 60 thou cutter in the holder, and great to come in in the morning to find that you have a new pair of ends that have been made whilst you were asleep. This is with all the holes and fretwork ,and a perfect finish.

Sounds good Nick,

how much for a set of ends ? :)

....snicker :P

An inadvertent pun?

In Swedish, "snickeri" is the English
carpentry
or
joinery
B)

No Mike, he has got a grant from a fund set up by Dyson. This is quite different.I probably see at least 2 or 3 graduate projects every month and I am struggling to remember one that has got off the starting blocks. Or at least got as far as a second production run