Christmas concertina sighting!

Ann-p

Hello all! A bit of festive fun with a concertina player can be seen in "The Snowman and the Snowdog" shown last night on TV. You'll have to watch it, I'm not spilling the beans for those who haven't seen it. It can now be seen on channel4.com/snowman - don't go away for a coffee (or whatever!) or you'll miss it!

For me it's heaven, with lots of snow (obviously!) and skiing as well! :D

Happy Christmas to you all!!!

David, I use a Firefox extension called Stealthy which does the same job as Ex-Pat Shield for Macs. They also have a version for Chrome, but not, as far as I can find, IE.

Thanks, Joshua.

Are you using the PRO version? I'm not sure this service would be worth $60 a year to me. I've downloaded the free version and selected preferences option 4 to choose a proxy from the UK but I'm getting an error message when I try to play the video (not the "not available in your area" message I used to get without Stealthy).

David, I use a Firefox extension called Stealthy which does the same job as Ex-Pat Shield for Macs. They also have a version for Chrome, but not, as far as I can find, IE.

Thanks, Joshua.

Are you using the PRO version? I'm not sure this service would be worth $60 a year to me. I've downloaded the free version and selected preferences option 4 to choose a proxy from the UK but I'm getting an error message when I try to play the video (not the "not available in your area" message I used to get without Stealthy).

Hm. I must have the free version, since I would have just foregone listening to the things for which I got it in the first place if I'd had to pay $60 to do it. I'm at work and it's on my home computer, so I can't check my settings right at the moment (nor make sure it still works), but one thing occurs to me that I think I forgot to do the first time I tried to use it. What color is the little stealth-jet icon (should be at the top right corner of your browser--anyway, that's where it is on mine)? If it's red, it's not turned on; it needs to be green. If it's green, well, I'll check my settings when I get home and see if I have any suggestions (and, in either case, remind myself of how one turns it on and off).

Hm. I must have the free version, since I would have just foregone listening to the things for which I got it in the first place if I'd had to pay $60 to do it.

Every year. $58.13.

What color is the little stealth-jet icon (should be at the top right corner of your browser--anyway, that's where it is on mine)? If it's red, it's not turned on; it needs to be green.

That's not the problem. I'm turning it on and off appropriately, and I get different messages whether it's on or off:

Off: "The service is not currently available in your area"

On: "There was an error trying to play this media"

By the way, I'm using FireFox, not Chrome.

Edited by David Barnert

That's not the problem. I'm turning it on and off appropriately, and I get different messages whether it's on or off:

Off: "The service is not currently available in your area"

On: "There was an error trying to play this media"

By the way, I'm using FireFox, not Chrome.

Oh well--one can hope for simple solutions...

The error you're getting while Stealthy is on suggests to me that Stealthy is working, but your Flash player isn't happy with something (whether Stealthy can interfere with Flash I do not know). I can't watch the video because my computer is too old to run a new enough version of Flash--one of these days I'll get something newer...my computer-savvy is fairly basic, though, and I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.

Oh well--one can hope for simple solutions...

The error you're getting while Stealthy is on suggests to me that Stealthy is working, but your Flash player isn't happy with something (whether Stealthy can interfere with Flash I do not know). I can't watch the video because my computer is too old to run a new enough version of Flash--one of these days I'll get something newer...my computer-savvy is fairly basic, though, and I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.

OK, thanks, Joshua. I think that's as far as I'm taking it.