Crabb midget concertina

Squiffything

Having decided that we will never get around to playing her and because leaving her in a box without getting played isn't going to do any long term good Sarah has asked that we put up the Crabb midget concertina for sale.

image_zps934241d6.jpg

My thread on this is here:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14758

We are not experts in this but discussions with others, investigations online and seeing what others have sold for has suggested that we should ask for offers around £1,200. I know that to have a new one made would cost this.

It's a Crabb 12 button midget made in 1929 by Henry Thomas Crabb for his own personal use! It has a 9 fold bellows and is in lovely condition. Geoff Crabb has replaced a few of the pads that were sticking so mechanically it is now as it should be.

If anyone is interested please contact me. We want it to go to a concertina player so we are avoiding the dreaded eBay route.

Oh, how lovely... where is santa when you need him!!

Is it just me or are there really so many lovely concertinas up for sale at this time. You want a Maccann, there are several on ebay, even a good Crane.. several Jeffries and Wheatstone Anglos... and the Holy Grail of Englishes, the Amboyna Baritone/Treble offered by Chris Algar last week..... Oh these are difficult times indeed. ;)

Oh, how lovely... where is santa when you need him!!

Is it just me or are there really so many lovely concertinas up for sale at this time. You want a Maccann, there are several on ebay, even a good Crane.. several Jeffries and Wheatstone Anglos... and the Holy Grail of Englishes, the Amboyna Baritone/Treble offered by Chris Algar last week..... Oh these are difficult times indeed. ;)

And it looked like one was being played in the war film on TV today during escape to distract the guard. Playing a nift Scottish toon.

Dirk Bogarde - IMDb

Sir Dirk Bogarde, The Password Is Courage Sergant-Major Charles Coward.

It's on again Dec 14 12.40 on Film4 freeview UK.

BTW Geoff (Crabb)- I got the photos of the front of the Shop in Lpool Road t'other night but no time to process yet - for xmas!!Promise

Edited by Kautilya

Kautilya,

yes, that film.. I think the concertina player was Tommy Elliot... perhaps someone here might be able to confim that.

Yes, Tommy Elliott indeed! If memory serves 3 or 4 instances of his playing comprising several minutes of music with some screen time for Tommy and his midget concertina.

Greg

Any Haydens (with more than 46 buttons and real concertina reeds)?

Any Haydens (with more than 46 buttons and real concertina reeds)?

Only the 46 that Danersen is advertising on this forum, which is quite rare to see :) .

• 4 weeks later...