Hehe

Paul Read

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't resist...

Hello,

Please advise the serial number for referencing in the Horniman ledgers and the specific information that you have indicating that this is a one-off instrument.

Might you be able to add photos of the reeds and pans to your listing?

Kind regards.

Couldn't resist...

Hello,

Please advise the serial number for referencing in the Horniman ledgers and the specific information that you have indicating that this is a one-off instrument.

Might you be able to add photos of the reeds and pans to your listing?

Kind regards.

Prepare to be blocked!

Am I really the only one who has no idea what this thread is about?

No.

This smacks of Mornington Crescent where there are no rules and if you do something which is not to the liking of those who say there are no rules then they get all up tight saying you are not playing in the spirit of the rules, which they have set by not setting the rules!!!!

That said, it is a good opportunity to put into practice the practice of taking a screeen shot of the item under non-discussion (not that it has been revealed!)so that next time someone comes up with a Malice in Blunderland© word you can go Hey Hey that's that photo...again.

PS Am I to understand this is one of the 'modern' Wheatstones?

Cnetgandpawheatstoneeaeola251112ebaypic.doc

To be a little careful, AFAIK this person is not a fraudulent seller.

He regularly offers good quality boxes for sale, and I have no reason to doubt that he does legitimately have the boxes that he offers for sale.

He does seem to have what might be described as a novel sales technique, by the accounts that I've read, and a search on the forum will bring up a few accounts of dealings with him. I have had none, he's out of my budget anyway.

He did have a couple of boxes for sale recently that did appear to be sold legitimately. I bid on a Maccann but was beaten at the last minute.

I had not thught there was anything doubtful -- it is just the prices are out of my league.

It is a pity that we never hear him playing any of these instruments as a few notes on a video tells a story better than a thousand words. I think he is probably not a musician just a re-seller/online shopkeeper.

What he like to do is wait until it's too late to respond and then give bad feedback without any prior discussion or even mentioning that there is an issue beforehand. He did that to me on an instrument that had no issues. Not sure why he does that but it fits with his other eccentricities. I also had earlier dealings with him that went OK (apart from me selling him a Jones that he was convinced was a Jeffries!)

Edited by Paul Read

He does seem to have what might be described as a novel sales technique,

One of his particular novelties is readvertising it at a higher price each time it fails to sell. He has presumably paid so many ebay commissions for failed sales he feels he needs to sell it for more each time it fails to sell. You wouldn't think a 1920s C/G Aeola needed any protection from a high starting bid, would you? It's bound to obtain attention and sell at a fair price, the only question is what the fair price would be.

Since we hadn't seen it for quite a while, I tended to assume he'd managed to off-load it elsewhere.

He has this term. So do many respectable sellers. "This item is for sale elsewhere and may be withdrawn from here if there is a higher bid elsewhere."

I've only sold about 3 things on ebay, but one of my auctions was taken down by them because I had such a term on the grounds that it was an infringement of their rules. Maybe they tolerate it in sufficiently established sellers.