Searching for a Crane concertina

unsimon

Hi,

I'm searching for a Crane concertina.

Simon

Hi Simon -Re. your search for a Crane duet concertina. I have the following available, £1,600 ( sterling) plus any package/postage.

A vintage Wheatstone Crane/ Triumph duet, 67 years old- but in almost mint condition.

A page from the Wheatstone ledgers, now kept by London's Horniman Museum, show the conertinas was finished on May 8, 1963.It has 55 buttons,has nickel-played (metal) ends and six-fold bellows. It is in modern concert pitch.I bought this concertina via concertina.net interest and eBay from a seller in the USA. He inherited the machine from his aunt who moved to the USA from the UK in the early fifties.She either took the newly-made concertina with her when she emigrated or, perhaps, had it made and sent over soon after.

It has clearly had very little playing/wear in its lifetime, has been kept in its original case and obviously been cherished.

This jnstrument has brass reeds and a mellow-tone, particularly good for song accompaniment. With more "playing-in" it could be used for tunes/ dance music.I've used it,. in particular, for moody, slow jazz songs.

Geoff Lakeman.

For more private info/ contact my email is geoffreylakeman@btinternet.com

Simon,

Well I am not going to sell my Crane's but this is just a thought about the number of buttons you prefer.

There is a strange Crane concertina on ebay right now. It will cost you 75 GBP per button if you are the only bidder.

With this small Crane concertina it is possible to play melodies, without chords.

The "normal size" Cranes pop up regularly on the market - ebay, concertina.net, you may check the known dealers. My advise is to search for a 55+ Crane. If you want the real chord work on the right hand side, I'ld say - at least - 20 buttons on the left hand side is what you need....

I have found what I was searching for.

Thank you.

Simon,

Well I am not going to sell my Crane's but this is just a thought about the number of buttons you prefer.

There is a strange Crane concertina on ebay right now. It will cost you 75 GBP per button if you are the only bidder.

With this small Crane concertina it is possible to play melodies, without chords.

The "normal size" Cranes pop up regularly on the market - ebay, concertina.net, you may check the known dealers. My advise is to search for a 55+ Crane. If you want the real chord work on the right hand side, I'ld say - at least - 20 buttons on the left hand side is what you need....