Post Liebe Augustin,what is the origin of this tune

Kautilya

Deck the halls with Boughs of Holly ..... though a Welsh friend sings different words to it as a Welsh carol ( sorry, can't remember the name) and when I was little my piano teacher had to endure me mangling my way through something that sounded similar by either Mozart or Chopin (her favourite composers) smile.gif

It's just the one hall...

Anlej hot on half the trail (or should I say ffordd, and no I don;t usually stutter).

Yes just one Hall but many light-fingered composers who nicked including one Amadeus Mozart....allegedly.

See the words and dots and abc in the attachment.

Next time someone calls for a Welsh toon you can just strike up and show your knowledge and their iggorance when they say it was English!

There are two versions (one is not a Wren but Hen ... which in fact is really Welsh for 'old' for the regular Denbigh Welsh music workshop day Nov 10 2012(followed by evenng session) organisd by Terry Duffy each month with ICA and Swaledale stalwart Big Band Leader Dave Ball and Jem Hammond who will be the whistle tutor at the Folkus Waddow weekend in Feb 2013.

Denbigh is also where 2013 Eisteddfod will be

eisteddfod.org.uk/english/content.php?nID=644

WELNosGalanDecktheHallsCLERA Denbigh Workshop 10.doc

Edited by Kautilya

Ah, excellent, and thanks--I've wanted to find the Welsh words for a while (ever since I found out it was Welsh, nine years ago) but have never actually tried to find them.

Ah, excellent, and thanks--I've wanted to find the Welsh words for a while (ever since I found out it was Welsh, nine years ago) but have never actually tried to find them.

my pleasure and I will tell Terry Duffy who was more than happy for them to go up here.

There is quite a problem of finding words for Welsh stuff - there are few books for buying which came out in the last two or three years, but they did not seem to think about players and even for singers the words often vanish over a page and where there is a translation of the Welsh (to encourage the English the results can be excruciating (bad rather than funny, and hence v annoying.

I did try to organise a little group to do some work on a little book but folk lose interest pretty fast...........

How are u for coming up with some nice new singing words if you had a rough translation?

Now what about The fair maid of Penderyn... heart plucker- alas he kills himself at the end......

it plays very easily on tina, melodeon, whistle and psaltery

here's a nice baritone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnp7Ny3gbiw

at 1.30 straight play along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnskmWBdn_A

and while some are listening to these could someone compose not a Scottisch, or Scotch as some were saying recently but a little

Welsch Magic? I have no idea which way to go with these malts as I am rum-total. Full of different "notes" suggested by the presenter

my pleasure and I will tell Terry Duffy who was more than happy for them to go up here or elsewhere (perhaps there are some melodeon players near Denbigh).

There is quite a problem of finding words for Welsh stuff - there are few books for buying which came out in the last two or three years, but they did not seem to think about players and even for singers the words often vanish over a page and where there is a translation of the Welsh (to encourage the English the results can be excruciating (bad rather than funny, and hence v annoying.

I did try to organise a little group to do some work on a little book but folk lose interest pretty fast...........

How are u for coming up with some nice new singing words if you had a rough translation?

Now what about The fair maid of Penderyn... heart plucker- alas he kills himself at the end......

it plays very easily on tina, melodeon, whistle and psaltery

here's a nice baritone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnp7Ny3gbiw

at 1.30 straight play along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnskmWBdn_A

and while some are listening to these could someone compose not a Scottisch, or Scotch as some were saying recently but a little

Welsch Magic? I have no idea which way to go with these malts as I am rum-total. Full of different "notes" suggested by the presenter

Rwyâ€n Caruâ€r Ferch o Blwyf Penderyn scoreKeyofD.pdf

Welsh collection Mabsant p72 Rwy n Caru r Ferch o Blwyf Penderyn Maid From The Parish Of Penderyn.doc

Edited by Kautilya