Question about ABC - is this the right place?

Long Haired David

There are some other ways to do indices, but this is not the place to discuss that and is probably off topic too far. Pete already knows what I use (I think). And EasyABC will do rather neat cheat sheets. Barfly had that, and I really missed it until EasyABC added it. Nice added simple methods to speed up entry too. Be sure that you have the newest version if you've rejected EasyABC or think you know what it does. There are lots of fairly extensive and useful changes/additions. Its the only game in town for newer Macs, but it is a nice tool for everyone.

Edited to add: Post 200! amazing....

Edited by cboody

I miss Barfly for some things, but EasyABC has a wonderful advantage in that what it displays on the screen is very nearly exactly what you get when printing. That's a great advantage in many ways.

One thing I have not found in Easy ABC is a function to print tunes in sets. In ABC Navigator, it is possible to drag a number of tunes into a print list so that we can get a set of tunes instead of a single tune. I have not found an equivalent in Easy ABC. Is the function there and I have missed it?

- John Wild

I think you'd have to make a temporary new file with the tunes you want and then use the 'export all' command from there to make a .pdf. My complaint with EasyABC is that it never wants to open more than one file at a time, although you can start a new file with an existing one open. It makes it awkward to move tunes around between files, and I tend to do this in the Textedit program.

Adrian

Get the new version. That limitation is not there as far as I can tell (and I'm among those who asked that it be removed).

Thanks a lot for pointing that out; it's a indeed great improvement - I especially like the new 'ABC typing assistance'...

Adrian

My pleasure Adrian, and thanks for your fine recording! Lovely recorder playing and lovely instruments. Thanks for your efforts at both... No back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Thanks a lot for your kind comments and it's good to hear that you liked our CD.

Adrian