Fuguing 'ell - sad ain't no great player risk takers here?150t

Kautilya

Just found this amazing new organ project..... don't know if it is fully funded yet but sounding good... it is fully funded so you are too late too make yr fortune and the with the dvd set prices at 59 quid they only need to sell 1367.5213675213675213675213675214 DVDs to start making a profit....

Widor really starts fuguin' up at 1.40

and a recent one I had not seen which seems to have the same bass notes as Dirge's box and the monster bass which thundered during the Gilbert and Sullivan concert at Swaledale in May 2012.

Pori Church,Finland,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxJwPeIjQBI&feature=related

Of course you could go up market down under and play something more appealing (get the drums)\btw this finger pinger and boothitter is one of the current global greats from Finland.

I also see they finally put an organ into the all wooden (well one wall is concrete) Lahti concert hall in Finland/ Worth a visit if you happen to be on the Sibelius trail. I looked around the concert hall (and recorded some noises which I have somewhere) while it was still being built, and was there again for prize giving to Renzo Piano (of The Shard) and a special concert. We had an interestin' tho pleasant difference of opinion at breakfast over the acoustics - it is a 'silent' building - so are u saying Sibelius would have had the lake ferries' horns turned off during performances!!??

Edited by Kautilya

People are just starting to realise that while churches are getting less and less use, the buildings contain these amazing instruments. The Cavaillé Coll organs are just amazing, and the monsters like the one in Ouen Abbey, Rouen are just awe inspiring. Hearing it play Saint Saens 3rd symphony is an epiphany even on YouTube from tinny speakers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pny-Ily4SbE

What all this has to do with concertinas, I don't know, but these organs are a particular passion for me so I welcome the chance to comment. Must get that DVD .

Simon

People are just starting to realise that while churches are getting less and less use, the buildings contain these amazing instruments. The Cavaillé Coll organs are just amazing, and the monsters like the one in Ouen Abbey, Rouen are just awe inspiring. Hearing it play Saint Saens 3rd symphony is an epiphany even on YouTube from tinny speakers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pny-Ily4SbE

What all this has to do with concertinas, I don't know, but these organs are a particular passion for me so I welcome the chance to comment. Must get that DVD .

Simon

Great - what a sound. I must drop in next time passing.

Organs used air before tinas, so this has everything to do with tinas which are just portable organs.

That means it is interesting to try to play big organ tunes on tinas and of course in tina bands.

I have done this before but anyway, close your eyes before pressing this youtube link - here's is the organ at work.

and another version

The concertina band at Swaledale does some good stuff so that might encourage more risktakers, as I said!

And here's another candidate for tina

Edited by Kautilya