Robin Hood's Bay Victorian Weekend (UK) 7th-9th Dec

AnnC

Robin Hoods Bay Victorian Weekend not strictly a concertina event but last year one of the Victorian Geologists just happened to have a concertina tucked in his Gladstone bag ready for an impromptu session, the Incredible Dr. Busker will be performing Bawdy Songs and Ballads in Ye Dolphin Inn which is also the home of Robin Hood's Bay Folk Club .... and, weather permitting, the street entertainment will include seasonal and other tunes on concertina smile.gif

..... while providing 'street entertainment' around the village I'll also be collecting for The Runswick Bay Rescue Boataemo_squeezeyellow3.gif grin.gif

....if anyone's there over the weekend do come and say hello smiley.gif I'll be the pyramid of warm woollies sat playing outside .. Ye Dolphin.....The Laurel ... The Bay ... or Swell's Cafe Bar aemo_squeezeyellow3.gif smiley-eatdrink003.gif

edited 1/12/12 to update the Victorian Weekend link to one with a programme of events biggrin.gif

Edited by anlej

pyramid of warm woollies sat

Can one approach by sea and if so will the ski jump be working in reverse up the cliff with a tow rope to pull up marine landing parties (pirates with their tinas - they prefer to bring their own rather than risk getting a catchy tune from the local totty!?

Have fun!

There are a number of remote requests for you to play as listed under musical hall songs under another thread. Please empty the hat after each one so you can tell us which brings in the most moolah == for next time as it were. :P

• 1 month later...

There are a number of remote requests for you to play as listed under musical hall songs under another thread. Please empty the hat after each one so you can tell us which brings in the most moolah == for next time as it were. :P

biggrin.gif it was a great weekend, over £200 in the bucket for the RBRB ( exact total to be verified ), the weather stayed mainly bright and dry and the woollies kept the cold out.

There's a rumour that next year one of the competitions will be 'Guess how many layers of clothes the concertina player is wearing' laugh.gif

The Carols/ tunes that had people singing / humming along most and stopping to listen were ......

Adeste Fidelis, Silent Night, God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen, Away in a manger, The Holly and the Ivy, Once in Royal David's City, Good King Wenceslas, The First Noel, We three kings of Orient are, In Dulce Jubilo, The 12 days of Christmas, Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly, I saw 3 ships, Coventry Carol, How much is that doggy in the window, After the ball is over, I do like to be beside the seaside, Down at the old Bull and Bush, Daisy Daisy, In the shade of the old Apple tree, Plaisir d'Amour, The Bluebell Polka and the Trumpet Hornpipe. There was also a request for O come O come Emmanuel.

Various waltzes, mazurkas and country dance tunes got the children ( and some adults ) skipping and dancing past.

Mugs of tea and glasses of sherry were supplied by a friendly landlord, a cafe served up a helping of Shepherds pie for lunch each day and transport there and back was provided by the organisers .... I'm booked again for next year biggrin.gif

edited to show total raised ....... £207 biggrin.gif the official letter and receipt from the RBRB are with the Victorian Weekend committee for their records

Edited by anlej

biggrin.gif it was a great weekend, over £200 in the bucket for the RBRB ( exact total to be verified ), the weather stayed mainly bright and dry and the woollies kept the cold out.

There's a rumour that next year one of the competitions will be 'Guess how many layers of clothes the concertina player is wearing' laugh.gif

The Carols/ tunes that had people singing / humming along most and stopping to listen were ......

Adeste Fidelis, Silent Night, God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen, Away in a manger, The Holly and the Ivy, Once in Royal David's City, Good King Wenceslas, The First Noel, We three kings of Orient are, In Dulce Jubilo, The 12 days of Christmas, Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly, I saw 3 ships, Coventry Carol, How much is that doggy in the window, After the ball is over, I do like to be beside the seaside, Down at the old Bull and Bush, Daisy Daisy, In the shade of the old Apple tree, Plaisir d'Amour, The Bluebell Polka and the Trumpet Hornpipe. There was also a request for O come O come Emmanuel.

Various waltzes, mazurkas and country dance tunes got the children ( and some adults ) skipping and dancing past.

Mugs of tea and glasses of sherry were supplied by a friendly landlord, a cafe served up a helping of Shepherds pie for lunch each day and transport there and back was provided by the organisers .... I'm booked again for next year biggrin.gif

Great

and tks for the playlist - there's a few there I will add to my list of words to hand out!