Horseshoe Inn this Sunday Oct 7 2012?

First Sunday lunchtime every month at The Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street, London SE1 3QP. We have flutes, concertina, whisltes, guitars, mandolin, button accordion etc. Visitors very welcome.

mustrad.org.uk/sess_txt.htm

good Mongolian momos (six or so sizeable, tasty,meat dumplings)and reasonably priced (I think 5.70 or 5.90) and I say that as someone who rarely compliments pubs on their food or prices!

a batch of beer was off last month but as soon as someone pointed it out they put a fresh barrel on and gave those affected fresh pintS - very good.

There seems to have been a change of management, staff and menu and furniture, at The Horseshoe, since the previous session in September. Mongolian style cuisine is no longer on the menu, for starters; and the veggie options for someone like me, are limited to virtually a huge and boring plate of nachos and cheese dip. Mind you, I go there to play music, rather than eat, so last sunday, a bag of cheese and onion crisps had to suffice!

Chris

Edited to add that, for once, concertinas outnumbered other types of instrument there and in particular, English concertinas. There were a total of four, plus two Jeffries Anglos. :)

Edited by Chris Drinkwater