Attention Geoff Crabb

Paul Read

I recall old Harry's story of the customer who used to play on the Music Halls and for whom they made a very long bellows that the man wanted to Skip with as he performed.... "how did it go" I had to ask.... "oh, he stepped on it first night and busted it".. " we had to repair it quite a few times before he gave up". ;)

Edited by Geoff Wooff

I recall old Harry's story of the customer who used to play on the Music Halls and for whom they made a very long bellows that the man wanted to Skip with as he performed.... "how did it go" I had to ask.... "oh, he stepped on it first night and busted it".. " we had to repair it quite a few times before he gave up". ;)

Size isn't everything! - you should have seen how tiny Geoff's was when he showed it off round the back of the stables at Bradfield three years ago!

There might even be a photo on here somewhere...

Just spotted on ebay!Crabb

Thanks Paul.

Not sure how they can sell these unless the copyright has been bought. I have a large collection of press photos re. the 'firm' but don't own the rights.

Not sure of the instrument as cannot see the ends properly but may be one of the rare Crabb 'single voice' Bandonions.

Geoffrey

You don't suppose those Crabb bellows came with a lifetime guarantee and the present owner is looking for Geoff to do a "little" patching?!? :o ;)

I would have loved to see this one on the bellows jig(s).

Greg

Hope not Greg.:blink:

The bellows was made as one eight fold and one nine fold then joined. I think the joint is evident.

Geoffrey

Edited by Geoffrey Crabb

Not sure how they can sell these unless the copyright has been bought. I have a large collection of press photos re. the 'firm' but don't own the rights.

I think they can do this because they are selling a piece of paper with an imagine on it, much as one can resell a copyright book or a copyright lithograph or yesterday's newspaper. No rights, other than ownership of the physical object, go with the purchase.

You can sell things produced legitimately at the time, within the copyright, but can't reproduce copies for sale except with permissions, either granted or bought. Copyright has limited lifespan, different for various materials, so this photo may not be copyright protected now.

Just spotted on ebay!Crabb

Thanks Paul.

Not sure of the instrument as cannot see the ends properly but may be one of the rare Crabb 'single voice' Bandonions.

Geoffrey

Mr Crabb, do you have any record or recollection of what layout would have been used for the Crabb 'single voice' bandonions?

Thanks very much

You can sell things produced legitimately at the time, within the copyright, but can't reproduce copies for sale except with permissions, either granted or bought. Copyright has limited lifespan, different for various materials, so this photo may not be copyright protected now.

In the UK, copyright for photographs continues to exist for 70 years after the death of the photographer. If the copyright has not been sold, e.g. to an agency, then copyright remains with the photographer's heirs for the those 70 years. Whether they choose to make a charge for reproduction rights, is then up to them.

Chris

Geoffrey

Mr Crabb, do you have any record or recollection of what layout would have been used for the Crabb 'single voice' bandonions?

Thanks very much

I am afraid that I have no further information on these at the moment. Unfortunately, these would have been made as 'one off' instruments or 'specials' to the requirements of the customer and any plans as such may not have been saved. However I will look through the miscellanous plans that I have and post if I find anything.

Geoffrey

I am afraid that I have no further information on these at the moment. Unfortunately, these would have been made as 'one off' instruments or 'specials' to the requirements of the customer and any plans as such may not have been saved. However I will look through the miscellanous plans that I have and post if I find anything.

Geoffrey

Thanks very much. Can't ask for more than that.

• 1 month later...

Geoffrey

Thanks very much. Can't ask for more than that.

At last managed to trawl through the plans but fruitless result. Sorry.

Geoffrey