Few more.

May have been posted before but........

Henry Schuckert, Henry Schepp Concertina? Duet

&

Also

'English Triumph (Crane) Duet with piano'

'Triumph (Crane) Duet'.

Contempory pictures from 'The Musician of the Salvation Amy' *Special Concertina Number* No.47 Vol.1. November 19 1938.

Geoffrey

Edited to revise Instrument used in Burgess recording. Upon further recollection of information available, the Triumph seemed to be his instrument of choice. However, he appears to have been proficient on the English system also.

Edited by Geoffrey Crabb

May have been posted before but........

Henry Schuckert, Henry Schepp Concertina? Duet

&

Also

'English with piano'

'Triumph (Crane) Duet'.

Contempory pictures from 'The Musician of the Salvation Amy' *Special Concertina Number* No.47 Vol.1. November 19 1938.

Geoffrey

Burgess - Salvation Army Concertina Solo - great Geoff - sounds almost as good as you on your giant box. And Bramwell has some very sweet trills in there - most impressive.

tks!

Another excuse to ask why you or Dirge don't give us some phrasing/extracts from:

that is e-code for

Mozart's Horn Concerto No. 4 in Eb Major

(which is one of the key's on the Hohner Liliputs...)

Here is some instruction (part of playing it on Harp - harmonica)and thank your Hubble stars that you are squeezing with your hands not your embouchure

http://www.harpsurgery.com/horn-concerto-no-4-in-eb-major-rondo-allegro-vivace-w-a-mozart-with-tab/

'English with piano'

Geoffrey

Love the Bramwell Thornett piece Geoff! However, re the Archie Burgess one, I notice that the piano was being played by Eric Ball. Although it may not be particularly relevant to the art of the concertina, I think it might be worth noting that Eric Ball was the "Mozart of the Brass Band" movement ...a Salvationist until the 1940's, the composer of many pieces, a competition adjudicator, etc etc ... who died in 1989. An interesting article on him here ... http://www.4barsrest...2003/art346.asp

Having heard that piece of duet playing ... suppose I ought to be practising to reach my levels of incompetence ... sigh B)

'English with piano'

Geoffrey

Although it may not be particularly relevant to the art of the concertina, I think it might be worth noting that Eric Ball was the "Mozart of the Brass Band" movement

Oh definitely relevant Irene- no need to apologise as u are spot on!

I found this a whole "new seam to mine" (pun deliberately intended)for tunes on youtube which i did not know know about- I don't think we exploit all the brass tunes around which will work for concertinas, especially the bigger boxes.

I was just suggesting the same to Dave Barnert = giving him links to film "Brassed Off" with Pete Postlethwaite. I have to admit I had some time back collected the variouss brass performances from that, with the intention of trying to squeezebox them, but not really had the time.

But I leave you with Rodrigo's Concerto d'Orange Juice ....

'English with piano'

Geoffrey

Love the Bramwell Thornett piece Geoff! However, re the Archie Burgess one, I notice that the piano was being played by Eric Ball. Although it may not be particularly relevant to the art of the concertina, I think it might be worth noting that Eric Ball was the "Mozart of the Brass Band" movement ...a Salvationist until the 1940's, the composer of many pieces, a competition adjudicator, etc etc ... who died in 1989. An interesting article on him here ... http://www.4barsrest...2003/art346.asp

Having heard that piece of duet playing ... suppose I ought to be practising to reach my levels of incompetence ... sigh B)

Thanks for the link re. Eric Ball, Irene, very interesting.

Considering the he and Burgess both worked in the same department at Judd Street (Burgess being Head of Department at the time) it is not surprising that they performed together.

I have edited the initial post re. Burgess instrument. More likely also Triumph Duet, his performance instrument of choice.

I don't even have to practice to reach my level of incompetence, it's natural :(

Geoffrey