Wanted: microphone system

John Adey

• 2 weeks later...

Having started playing more regularly with a ceilidh band, I'm hoping someone has a Microvox system or similar that they no longer use and would like to sell.

Please p.m. me if you have one to sell.

Thanks

John - the new Thomann Ovid System mics are extremely good and quite reasonable - not much more than a microvox and far superior sound as they are good quality condensers.

John - the new Thomann Ovid System mics are extremely good and quite reasonable - not much more than a microvox and far superior sound as they are good quality condensers.

Do you have a link for this system? I would like to replace my Microvox.

Do you have a link for this system? I would like to replace my Microvox.

I'd be interested in that as well - very happy with my Microvox rig but always prepared to look at alternatives ... I googled for Thomann Ovid and found various general pages, but nothing i could see that would work with concertina.

Thanks for this. Please could you give more details of your set-up? Which bits from here:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ovid_series.html?sid=346743a85a4c0de6557d941efb0d39cb

do you use, or do you use bits of the Microvox system to attach the mic's?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi

I red your topics and I'd buy two Ovid System Mic. Perhaps it is a good first step in the word of EC amplification...

Have you some suggestions about the mini amplificator? I found Akg b29l. Is it compatibile and a good choice?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Ed

I have a Microvox system that I no longer use at all - two M400 microphones that I have always fixed with velcro to the upper side of the handrails and the standard PSU with internal balance and an output volume control. Has had very little use and works fine. Have meant to put it on Ebay but not got round to it, so happy to sell for £70 if anyone is interested. PM me - I live in Cambridge, UK, but it is small and robust enough to post within the UK. David.

Hi - I have a pair of AKG gooseneck mics that fit onto top of either side of conertina with velcro.

We are not far from each other if you want to pop over and have a look at them.I'm in Buckland Monachorum near Yelverton.

My email is geoffreylakeman@btinternet.com

I use the B 29L with my AKGs on both concertinas. Another option I use when the sound crew is top notch and have two or 4 spare channels is to use the mini xlr to full XLR ( either with phantom power ) or with the board providing phantom power for the mics. This gives individual level and EQ for each hand. The level matching is easy on an Anglo, play notes back and forth that live on both hands. Most places I do the down and dirty of use B29L, match my own levels, and then tell them to roll the extreme highs out of the mix.

John Adey -

I'm toddling along to the very good monthly session at The Oak in South Brent tonight (Thurs, Feb 19) - just down the road from you.

I'll take the mics in case you want to pop along and have a butchers.

Geoff