Another one to Carry

Kelteglow

Hi All I enjoy playing and singing with my two concertinas C/G and a D/G, which I also use for the Morris.Many songs I would like to play in the key of F .I play a few tunes in F on my Dipper C/G 35 key but the accompanyment is limited should I persevere or do I have to carry yet another box with me .Has anyone faced the same problem? Bob

I find playing tunes in F on a C/G can sometimes be a bit tricky, but it's great for song accompaniment. In what way do you find the accompaniment a bit limited? You can't put in the bass runs you can in the home keys, but there are some nice chords and arpeggios, and imo song accompaniment shouldn't get too complicated.

But of course, any excuse to get a new concertina...

I like F on a C/G too for tunes and songs but I have a Bb/F and that is a lovely tone . Nice to have for Bb Eb etc etc so another one I reckon if you can afford it

I know quite afew people moving over to Duet. Gavin Davenport has got one I see, his Dad paul has too a Maccann. People who want a range of keys would be well advised. If you want the bounce its an Ango for me.

Edited by michael sam wild