Aw, shucks

Attached is a review, just published in the Autumn 2012 English Dance and Song (EFDSS),of my House Dance CD-ROM of archival Anglo-German concertina recordings and commentary. Nice to see all that work so nicely appreciated.

Additional reviews are to be found at www.mustrad.org.uk , as well as an international sales site. The Button Box carries it in the US.

I'm told that the long-awaited Australian edition is due to be released any day now, to be published and sold by the National Library of Australia. All my profits go to traditional music/dance not-for-profits, and (in Oz) the NLA, who have done so much to collect and preserve Aussie traditional dance music.

Cheers,

Dan

EDS autumn 2102_p39.pdf

That is a very nice review indeed, Dan-must be gratifying to get the positive feedback. Andy Turner's review on the site is pretty spectacular. As I mentioned on the PM I sent you, I just ordered the CDrom a few days ago and am excited to have the opportunity to access so many rare recordings of the stylistic origins of the anglo. I will definitely share my response to the digital book on this forum after it arrives and I have had ample time to digest it.

Andy.

And I just bought "House Dance" this past weekend from the Button Box at NESI. Great so far (barely scratched the surface), though I will need a while to digest it as I also bought Betram Levy's new book! Here's to a long winter!

Ken B)

Ken, that is indeed quite a haul-well done! You are in for a paradigm-altering experience with Bertram's new tutor. Absolutely vital stuff which, once internalized, you will be able to take with you in just about any musical direction your heart desires. Best of luck in your journey and let us know how it goes.

Andy.

And I just bought "House Dance" this past weekend from the Button Box at NESI. Great so far (barely scratched the surface), though I will need a while to digest it as I also bought Betram Levy's new book! Here's to a long winter!

Ken B)

That's good, Ken--if you've only barely scratched the surface of the CD-ROM, it should still play. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Attached is a review, just published in the Autumn 2012 English Dance and Song (EFDSS),of my House Dance CD-ROM of archival Anglo-German concertina recordings and commentary. Nice to see all that work so nicely appreciated.

Additional reviews are to be found at www.mustrad.org.uk , as well as an international sales site. The Button Box carries it in the US.

I'm told that the long-awaited Australian edition is due to be released any day now, to be published and sold by the National Library of Australia. All my profits go to traditional music/dance not-for-profits, and (in Oz) the NLA, who have done so much to collect and preserve Aussie traditional dance music.

Cheers,

Dan

EDS autumn 2102_p39.pdf

Here is the website for the bookshop at the National Library of Australia, which is now carrying an Australian edition of the House Dance CDRom. http://bookshop.nla.gov.au/book/house-dance.do

Many of the Aussie recordings on this CDRom were from the collections of the NLA.

This sales site is in addition to Musical Traditions (UK) and the Button Box (USA).

Cheers,

Dan