On eBay: 35-key ebony-ended Suttner anglo concertina

dpmccabe

Hi, all. I've just put my 35-key ebony-ended Suttner anglo on eBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190732959038

I bought this from another forum member several years ago and it's back on the market again since I have another Suttner arriving shortly.

Edit: Relisted and updated the link above. Starting price is $4800 and the auction ends on Thursday. Feel free to ask me questions here or via eBay.

Edited by dpmccabe

Yup, I'm guessing that everyone's finances are more constrained than they were a few years ago. I was actually on a waiting list when I bought this one, though, and I'm glad I was able to play it for the past several years as I waited for the instrument I had already ordered.

i think finances are more constrained, but also that people are estimating value less fizzily than during flush times. and if one had the six large, perhaps today one might think, gee, i can have a little patience and purchase new rather than paying six large for a concertina someone else purchased used and then played for several years.

but what i really wanted to say was, can you honestly not keep it? a backup nice concertina is a wonderful thing to be able to have. one never knows....

i think finances are more constrained, but also that people are estimating value less fizzily than during flush times. and if one had the six large, perhaps today one might think, gee, i can have a little patience and purchase new rather than paying six large for a concertina someone else purchased used and then played for several years.

but what i really wanted to say was, can you honestly not keep it? a backup nice concertina is a wonderful thing to be able to have. one never knows....

don't you mean played IN for several years? concertinas get better the more they are played!