My Website page and Anglo Tutor

Alan Day

I have decided not to renew my www.concertinaman.com site which also has my free Anglo Tutor available as a free down load.This tutor has been available now for many years and it is time to let it go.There are many tutors available now that are much more professionally made and this was never intended to be for general release. I am not paying for the web page and in a few days it will be gone with the name.If anyone wants to continue the tutor on their page I am happy for them to use it provided it is not for financial gain.If anyone fancies being the concertina man then that will also be available.

Al

Al,

Too bad your site has gone down, but I understand the expense of keeping one going. I've been thinking of pulling the plug on mine too....most everything I want to say has been captured in my books and House Dance CDRom. I wish there was a way to keep your tutor online, as in my humble opinion it is one of the best for that style of playing. Oh, well.

I didn't get to your site for a rummage around until the plug was pulled. Is your tutor still the same as the CD copy I received perhaps 5 years or so ago?

All the best,

Dan

Edited by Dan Worrall

Exactly the same Dan

Thanks for your comments.The CD just goes through the basic principal that I worked on that helped me with the English style.

This download may still be available on other sites.

Al

Seems odd not there as yr domain name expiry date is not till October 7 2013 (rpt 2013).

Just as matter of interest Al, to whom and how much were you paying for domain name renewal per annum

and were you paying extra and storage and for the download option and if so how much?

If you have had enough of it then you might as well sell it to someone who will use it for their gigs etc (there must be Irish startups who would want to buy and they might even pay at "gandpa" tina selling rates!!!) and you will get some if not more back of what you have spent in recent years.

There are still big differences between various providers and of course the scams.

So for a year through Sibername in Canada for a .com one pays CD$12.95 (8.205 GBP according to FTimes spot rate just now)

The scam operation Domain Registry of Canada writes to domain name owners 'inviting' renewal at up to 60 quid!! They just collect your name and address details off your registrar's site and snailmail you a letter and hope you will pay up and obviously some people do.

Warning here: http://sibername.com/en/support/droc.php

The regular UK's Easily provider charges 14.99 for one year on a .com , almost double sibername.

Here is the "WHO is" for you and yr Oct 2013 expiry date.

Domain Name: CONCERTINAMAN.COM

Registrar: TUCOWS.COM CO.

Whois Server: whois.tucows.com

Referral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.net

Name Server: NS.HOSTINGSERIES32.NET

Name Server: NS2.HOSTINGSERIES32.NET

Updated Date: 07-sep-2011

Creation Date: 07-oct-2009

Expiration Date: 07-oct-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:37:41 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the

registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is

currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration

date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring

registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to

view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

I believe I downloaded all of Alan's files a while ago. Let me look at how much file space they took and talk to the boss about it.

Ken

PS Alan my wife and I still hope to get across the water and meet one of these days!

Can someone sort me out: I have the tutor transcription (by David Barnert), quite a small pdf file of sheet music, and 44 mp3 sound files, which are quite a bit bigger all told. Were all or just some of these on Alan's web page?

Ken

The current invoice outstanding to "Pick-a Web" is £115.06

Too much for a FOC Tutor that is why I let it go.

Many thanks for the offer Ken,no problems if the "Guvnor" says no.

Al

I hope it can find another home Al. If not drop me a message. I've just upgraded to unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth, which will cost me around £40 a year (plus name), but I got a special half price offer for the first year, so only £20 ish. Before that it was about £12 for 250M + unlimited bandwidth, so there are plenty of cheap deals around.

• 2 weeks later...

I am learning Congo from your tutor.

Its a happy tune to play :D

It is a little tune from South West France from a place called Arcachon

There is a lovely traditional dance that goes with it.

Glad you like it.

Al