"special 68 Key Duet"

OLDNICKILBY

Having seen the discussion on the other Duet perhaps I could have some help with this one.Made in Jan 1923 for Mr N J Turmaine no.29612 price £35.0.0 With 8 fold bellows, Hexagonal,Ebony Nickel plated ends. The layout is as follows(I hope)

Right Hand

F F# G G# A B

E G# Bb D F C E

D#BF#A C E F# A

C#D G C# C# G B F

C B D# BbG# D# D

Bb

A

Left Hand

Bb C F Bb D F F#

A D F# A C E D

G# G C# C# G Bb B

D D# G G# D~ F F#

E

Eb

Sorry but I am unable to do the dots at the moment but will try next week. It is ,to me illogical, great for chords but a bit difficult for tunes. I bought it from Andrew Norman and he offered me £100 off the price if I could get a scale,without pen and paper, in 5 minutes. I failed!

Old Nic ( no connection with the other one, He has a k in his name)

Having seen the discussion on the other Duet perhaps I could have some help with this one.

Andrew Norman and he offered me £100 off the price if I could get a scale,without pen and paper, in 5 minutes. I failed!

Old Nic ( no connection with the other one, He has a k in his name)

I hope you can provide pictures of the ends. The extra buttons under the one column ("vertical" row) on each end remind me of the 1924 Pitt-Taylor layout, but there it's really a radical "downward" shift of the entire column. Looking at your typed-in layout, there seems to be no consistent pattern anywhere on the instrument. Makes me wonder whether that's the original arrangement, or whether somebody non-musical at some point took out all the reeds and then put them back "where they fit", with most reeds actually "fitting" in more than one location.

It is ,to me illogical, great for chords but a bit difficult for tunes.

To me, it doesn't even look good for chords. Looks like awkward stretches for nearly all the common chords. (By the way, three Bb's in the left hand, two A's, and only one B? Or should one of those Bb's be a B-natural?)

Andrew Norman ... offered me £100 off the price if I could get a scale,without pen and paper, in 5 minutes. I failed!

I'm not surprised! :o

I typed the layout correctly but it got aligned to the left

There have been no mods whatsoever it is like new inside

The layout should be at about 75 degrees from bottom left to top left,hope this helps.

I will get some pictures done next week as well as the actual position on the scale if poss.

Old Nic