Alex Wade on video!

Also available at this link is a couple of videos from Swaledale Squeeze-in. In a couple of those videos Alistair Anderson is seen to be playing not his usual concertina but one that looks like a new instrument in octagonal form. Anybody know what it was ?

Also available at this link is a couple of videos from Swaledale Squeeze-in. In a couple of those videos Alistair Anderson is seen to be playing not his usual concertina but one that looks like a new instrument in octagonal form. Anybody know what it was ?

It's probably the amboyna ended one on the front page of his website. Looks a bit like a Wheatstone best label but I wouldn't swear to it.

Edited by tallship

It's probably the amboyna ended one on the front page of his website. Looks a bit like a Wheatstone best label but I wouldn't swear to it.

OK, thanks for that... yes perhaps you are right... it just looked more like an oval window with a inside label as used by a certain current maker......... but the video is not clear enough to really tell.

workshop tune in the first video was "Small Coals and Little Money"

Anyone know the tunes in the second clip?

Chris

I don't know the name of the tune she starts playing in the minute 1:20, but It belongs to the Asturian Traditional Music Repertoire! very surprised of listening that one! she plays it very well