Jody Kruskal UK tour this October

Thank you Gavin for posting about my talk and concert in Whitstable 9th October

however that is only one of a handful of choice venues where I will be performing in the UK this October including a workshop in Bury St Edmunds on the 14th. Here is the full schedule:

October Friday 5 Tenterden Festival, Kent

October Saturday 6 Haddenham Village hall, Buckinghamshire

October Tuesday 9 Labour Club, Whitstable, Kent, talk and concert

October Wednesday 10 BBC Cambridge live radio interview with Sue Marchant, 7:20 pm

October Friday 12 Cambridge Folk Club

October Sunday 14 Bury St Edmunds OXJAM Folk Weekend including a concert and an all systems concertina workshop.

October Monday 15 Herga Folk Club, Pinner, Middlesex

October Wednesday 17 Baldock & Letchworth, Hertfordshire

October Thursday 18 Tump Folk Club, Coventry

October Friday 19 Seaford Folk Club, East Sussex

I hope to see some of you along the way!

Edited by Jody Kruskal

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jody,

Really looking forward to seeing you in October in Bury St Edmunds

Please see attached poster for the weekend event with more details

Poster 2012.pdf

and a link to where tickets can be purchased for the weekend and also for your workshop

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Oxjam/Info/Event/BuryStEdmundsOxjamFolkWeekend

Kind regards

Karl

Hi Karl,

Thanks for that. It's going to be a fun tour. For those who just want a quick view... here are both posters for these two events sponsored by the International Concertina Association.

On Sunday October 14, 1:30 pm I will perform a concert set at Oxjam in the church, and then an all-systems/all levels concertina workshop from 3:00 to 5:00 in the Osbourne room.

Tickets: http://www.wegottickets.com/f/4907

A few days before on Tuesday October 9, I'll be giving a talk and concert from 8-10:30 in Whitstable. Info: 07985 522734

Both events will cover various aspects of American style on the concertina for tunes and songs... including harmony, accent and dynamics, timing and phrasing, and how they work together using the buttons and bellows.

See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blue Eyed Sailor.

I look forward to seeing you at Seaford on Friday the 19th.

Hi Alan,

That’s right, it looks like you are playing the Oxjam in Bury on Saturday at 2:20. I’ll be joining the band "Clutching at Straws" for the ceilidh at 7. Then on Sunday my concert will be at 1:50 and the all systems workshop from 3 to 5.

This just in - I’ve added another engagement to my October schedule, a live interview on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire Wednesday the 10th at 7:20 pm with host Sue Marchant. The format is: we’ll chat, she’ll play something from one of my CDs, we’ll chat some more, then I’ll sing a song, then we’ll chat a bit more, then I’ll sing another one and 25 minutes after we started we’ll be done. You can listen at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sb

OK, I thought I was done with this gig announcement but I've just added two additions to my UK tour and you might be interested to know that I will also be singing in Cambridge and Coventry. The Cambridge Folk Club will be hosting me for a short half hour set on Friday October 12 and in Coventry I'll be the main guest at the Tump Folk Club on Thursday October 18. I've just edited the schedule above to add these fine venues.

See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone would like to come to the Whitstable event, I now have a limited number of tickets for sale in advance (they're limited so that there will still be space on the night!). Email gmatkin@gmail.com or call 07985 522734.

Gavin

Hi Karl,

Thanks for that. It's going to be a fun tour. For those who just want a quick view... here are both posters for these two events sponsored by the International Concertina Association.

On Sunday October 14, 1:30 pm I will perform a concert set at Oxjam in the church, and then an all-systems/all levels concertina workshop from 3:00 to 5:00 in the Osbourne room.

Tickets: http://www.wegottickets.com/f/4907

A few days before on Tuesday October 9, I'll be giving a talk and concert from 8-10:30 in Whitstable. Info: 07985 522734

Both events will cover various aspects of American style on the concertina for tunes and songs... including harmony, accent and dynamics, timing and phrasing, and how they work together using the buttons and bellows.

See you there!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jody,

guess you made it well back to NYC...

Still recalling our last evening in the UK (as well as yours; what a lucky coincidence for me); 'twas such fun and delight listening to and talking with you!

And... you were absolutely right recommending "Paul and Jody" to me; what great bunch of other recordings, commencing just with the starting tune on your show!

Best wishes - Wolf

Hi Jody,

Still recalling our last evening in the UK (as well as yours; what a lucky coincidence for me); 'twas such fun and delight listening to and talking with you!

And... you were absolutely right recommending "Paul and Jody" to me; what great bunch of other recordings, commencing just with the starting tune on your show!

Best wishes - Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Great to meet you at the Seaford Folk Club. Yes, that was a fine evenings entertainment for me as a performer too, with so many great floor singers (including you!) and such great singing from the audience. I'm so glad you came. Now we are both back at our homes, we can dry up from that constant British drizzle.

Hi Jody,

Best wishes - Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Great to meet you at the Seaford Folk Club. Yes, that was a fine evenings entertainment for me as a performer too, with so many great floor singers (including you!) and such great singing from the audience. I'm so glad you came. Now we are both back at our homes, we can dry up from that constant British drizzle.

Well, so much for drying up. I've been wishing folks "Happy Hurricane" all day as Sandy approaches.

Hi Jody we really enjoyed that night at Seaford, glad you are back in one piece. Hope we can help with next year's tour up in t'north maybe. Cheers Mike and Linda .

Hi Mike and Linda,

That was indeed a very good night at Seaford.

I would love any help you might offer with my 2013 tour. Up in t'north would be fine though for some odd reason I've mostly been touring the UK South. Not quite sure why, it's not by design, but there it is. So far my next tour includes:

NOVEMBER 2013

Thursday 14, Uxbridge Folk Club

Friday 15, Swindon Folksingers' Club

Tuesday 19, Hoy at Anchor, Leigh on Sea

Thursday 21, Folk at the Royal Oak, Lewes

Saturday 23, Shammick Acoustic, Combe Martin, North Devon

If you or anyone else has a suggestion for additional guest invitations next year, I would be glad to follow up.

Well, so much for drying up. I've been wishing folks "Happy Hurricane" all day as Sandy approaches.

Sandy is making the headlines even in Germany - but you can hardly tell anything from that... B)

Now that "she" is going to happen for real, "Happy Hurricane" and next "Happy Halloween" to you - as well as "Brilliant Bonfire" to our friends from Old England; whished I could have stayed at Lewes until then...!

Hi Jody we really enjoyed that night at Seaford, glad you are back in one piece. Hope we can help with next year's tour up in t'north maybe. Cheers Mike and Linda .

Hi Mike and Linda,

That was indeed a very good night at Seaford.

I would love any help you might offer with my 2013 tour. Up in t'north would be fine though for some odd reason I've mostly been touring the UK South. Not quite sure why, it's not by design, but there it is. So far my next tour includes:

NOVEMBER 2013

Thursday 14, Uxbridge Folk Club

Friday 15, Swindon Folksingers' Club

Tuesday 19, Hoy at Anchor, Leigh on Sea

Thursday 21, Folk at the Royal Oak, Lewes

Saturday 23, Shammick Acoustic, Combe Martin, North Devon

If you or anyone else has a suggestion for additional guest invitations next year, I would be glad to follow up.

hi Jody. Glad you got home safely. (Don't think you'll be complaining about UK drizzle anytime soon though!) For bookings "Oop north" worth contacting Keith Kendrick for Derbyshire (Enblish and Anglo) and his partner Sylvia Needham (McCann). For South Yorkshire try Chris Coe (McCann). All three are gigging musos, and will certainly be able to make afew suggestions. Give them my love if you do! Great to see you in the UK, really enjoyed our tina trio at Herga. Now, stay dry! Ralphie