A Few of My Favorite Things

Howdy:

These are a few of my favorite things

(Saxophone, Concertina, cat, art!)

Right at the entrance to Radio City Music Hall!!!

How much will someone charge me to make this mine?

It would look great on my living room wall!

Have fun,

Perry Werner

post-168-0-19267700-1344086059_thumb.jpg

I was going to comment that it'd be even better without the sax player since concertina and cats are regular features at my house. Then on reflection I started thinking that sax and concertina might be an interesting combination, so nothing to change here after all. I like this a lot, and I'd be pleased to have access to a physical copy of it too.

You can see it from google street view:

In google maps, search for "Radio City Music Hall" and zoom down to where you can clearly see the intersection of W50th Street and 6th Ave (Avenue of the Americas). Enter street view right at the corner. Turn your view to true east (the grid of New York streets is actually not true: the N on the street view compass should be at the left -- 9:00 position). You should be looking right at Radio City Music Hall. Behind the pillars, over the doors, you can see several brass wall ornaments. The one with the concertina is fourth from the right, currently hidden by a pillar.

Click the white "<" in the picture that points "north" on 6th Ave (Avenue of the Americas), or upward and to the left. The scene will shift so you are now looking straight at the words "RADIO CITY" on the 6th Ave side of the building. Note the 4th brass ornament from the right (just under the D in "RADIO") and drag the picture so it is in the center. Zoom in by clicking on the + sign under the compass (or double clicking on the image of the brass ornament) until you can't get any closer.

You can see just enough detail to confirm that it's what we're looking for, but not enough to really see what it is.

I was going to comment that it'd be even better without the sax player since concertina and cats are regular features at my house. Then on reflection I started thinking that sax and concertina might be an interesting combination, so nothing to change here after all. I like this a lot, and I'd be pleased to have access to a physical copy of it too.

Bruce:

Good luck in getting it down from the wall.

The relief is attached (probably bolted) to the marble (?) wall where thousands of people pass each hour and which is the main entrance to Radio City Music Hall, one of New York City's landmarks.

Maybe next time I'm down there I can speak to someone and convince them to mass produce mini versions for nuts like us.

Parliament in Ottawa, Ontario sells mini versions of the gargoyle concertina player which is attached to the outside of the building and which you really have to look at to make out that it is holding a concertina. I have one from when I went up there (a beautiful city, by the way!). Photo hopefully attached below, hopefully. I'm guessing that you can contact their souvenir shop and possibly order one but I'm not sure if they will ship.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed previously.

Perry

post-168-0-08231400-1344351568_thumb.jpg

.Parliament in Ottawa, Ontario sells mini versions of the gargoyle concertina player which is attached to the outside of the building and which you really have to look at to make out that it is holding a concertina.

for another view of the Ottawa gargoyle, see my "avatar" just below my name in the column to the left.

.Parliament in Ottawa, Ontario sells mini versions of the gargoyle concertina player which is attached to the outside of the building and which you really have to look at to make out that it is holding a concertina.

for another view of the Ottawa gargoyle, see my "avatar" just below my name in the column to the left.

...thought that looked familiar.