Saltburn Folk Festival

The Conservative CLub hosts both sing arounds and session, some programmed, others spontaneous. Also sells a range of excellent real ales and has a nice garden.

One of my favourite festivals - very friendly and an excellent range of artists and events/happenings.

The Conservative CLub hosts both sing arounds and session, some programmed, others spontaneous. Also sells a range of excellent real ales and has a nice garden.

One of my favourite festivals - very friendly and an excellent range of artists and events/happenings.

You can find timetable and venue for free (sessions and singalongs) and paid events here:

http://www.cuttywrenfolkclub.talktalk.net/SaltburnFF/Programme.pdf

Pity it is not nearer timewise to Whitby (to avoid rocketing fuel bills!)and running up and down the country, tho it could praps be combined with the 15th ICCR 2012 at Harrogate where there is also going to be some French music certainly......maybe even some French toon playing English buskers might be welcome!

http://icccr2012.org.uk/

Edited by Kautilya

You can find timetable and venue for free (sessions and singalongs) and paid events here:

Thanks for posting the link.

I'd already seen the programme - these all look organised/programmed - I was wondering if there were any fringe activities happening in the various Saltburn bars.

Anyway, I'll go over for the day on the Saturday - hope to see some of you there, either in the singarounds or toon sessions.

I'd already seen the programme - these all look organised/programmed - I was wondering if there were any fringe activities happening in the various Saltburn bars.

Yep - just a few free entries looked like potentials (I saw one sying 'bring along yr instruments'....

But this Saltburn Wiki explanation and list of pubs may help;

"As a town founded and dominated by Quakers, Saltburn originally had no public houses. Alcohol was served in the local hotels and the bars attached to them. The public houses on the lower promenade were part of Old Saltburn. In addition to The Ship Inn there was The Pelican and others. Vista Mar was first opened as tea rooms and later a fish and chip cafe.

Today the following public houses exist in Saltburn: Alexandra Vaults ("Back Alex"),The Victoria, Marine, Ship Inn, The Spa, Vista Mar (formerly Bankside, previously Rosie O'Grady's) and Windsors (formerly Queens). There are also several members' clubs: Conservative Club, Lune Street CIU, Royal British Legion, Masonic Lodge, Saltburn Golf Club, Saltburn Cricket Tennis and Bowls Club, and Swingdoors."

And paste this

"Saltburn-by-the-Sea pubs"

into glug-gle for other possible (drink/playing?) venues and it comes up with phone numbers - a call may help see if they have been locked into formal events and save some walking. :)

Yep - just a few free entries looked like potentials (I saw one sying 'bring along yr instruments'....

But this Saltburn Wiki explanation and list of pubs may help;

"As a town founded and dominated by Quakers, Saltburn originally had no public houses. Alcohol was served in the local hotels and the bars attached to them. The public houses on the lower promenade were part of Old Saltburn. In addition to The Ship Inn there was The Pelican and others. Vista Mar was first opened as tea rooms and later a fish and chip cafe.

Today the following public houses exist in Saltburn: Alexandra Vaults ("Back Alex"),The Victoria, Marine, Ship Inn, The Spa, Vista Mar (formerly Bankside, previously Rosie O'Grady's) and Windsors (formerly Queens). There are also several members' clubs: Conservative Club, Lune Street CIU, Royal British Legion, Masonic Lodge, Saltburn Golf Club, Saltburn Cricket Tennis and Bowls Club, and Swingdoors."

And praps paste this

"Saltburn-by-the-Sea pubs"

into glug-gle for other possible (drink/playing?) venues and it comes up with phone numbers - a call may help see if they have been locked into formal events and save some walking. :)