FOR SALE STAGI ENGLISH CONCERTINA-BARITONE - 8 FOLD BELLOWS

StephenTx

STAGI ENGLISH BARITONE WITH 7 FOLD BELLOWS 40 BUTTONS

Great Stagi Baritone nice tonality - In pitch. I purchased this earlier this year, as I was wanting a Baritone loved playing it and the 7 fold bellows is cool. Previously owned and cared for well by a music teacher. I liked the Baritone so much I bought a Wheatstone Baritone and obviously do not need both of them. It will be up for auction for seven days. If someone from here buys it I will make a donation to CNET.

It is posted on Ebay and will run for seven days starting Sunday July 29 at 8 pm CST. The starting bid is $450. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=english+concertina+baritone&_sacat=0

post-9462-0-26219200-1343583560_thumb.jpg

post-9462-0-30891500-1343583748_thumb.jpg

post-9462-0-26139500-1343583749_thumb.jpg

post-9462-0-42872000-1343583750_thumb.jpg

post-9462-0-65257700-1343583810_thumb.jpg

Edited by StephenTx

In general, how does a Stagi of this era (1980s) compare with the current Stagis?

Are they the same construction and reeds, or have they changed significantly.

I have a Jack 30 button baritone and am wondering if this is a significant improvement on the Jack, apart from the extra buttons.

Thx. Don.

In general, how does a Stagi of this era (1980s) compare with the current Stagis?

Are they the same construction and reeds, or have they changed significantly.

I have a Jack 30 button baritone and am wondering if this is a significant improvement on the Jack, apart from the extra buttons.

Thx. Don.

Don, To be honest with you I don't know the answer to your question. I have heard talk that the older Stagi's like this one were of a better quality.

Hoping some of our knowlegeable folks weigh in on it.

''

STAGI ENGLISH BARITONE WITH 7 FOLD BELLOWS 40 BUTTONS

Great Stagi Baritone nice tonality - In pitch. I purchased this earlier this year, as I was wanting a Baritone loved playing it and the 7 fold bellows is cool. Previously owned and cared for well by a music teacher. I liked the Baritone so much I bought a Wheatstone Baritone and obviously do not need both of them. It will be up for auction for seven days. If someone from here buys it I will make a donation to CNET.

It is posted on Ebay and will run for seven days starting Sunday July 29 at 8 pm CST. The starting bid is $450. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=english+concertina+baritone&_sacat=0

Watched this on eBay but didn't bid because I can't afford to make a purchase at this point. I was surprised he got no bids at all. I'd be interested in opinions why. Too high a starting price, I guess, but what would you have expected he should get for it?

I may be wrong but I think that a problem might be that the fingering in this model is not the same as on a treble -- the lower octave is reverseed with the lowest G on the left. I think that the Jack has the same fingering as the treble but just sounds an octave lower.