Want to trade my anglo for an english

Hello

I have played the melodeon for years and approached the anglo a couple of years ago as a means of getting a more portable and chromatic instrument, with a similar playing style. However having now tried my friends english more extensively I think I would be best off with an english concertina, I am also starting to explore more classical music and other genres than folk. The tina I offer is a 7 fold bellows metal ended C/G Ap James concertina, it has 'gold star' style lachenal bellows papers. This is a hybrid concertina. New they are £1200, I paid a bit extra for the papers and extra fold. I think this is nicer than selling it and buying an english because I could meet the person who I would be trading with and we could play each others instruments and have a good decide weather we both like the deal. I seek a standard english treble concertina of the same quality, I am not bothered weather it is hybrid or traditional. Going by the price guide on the barleycorn concertina website, something like a higher end lachenal or mid range wheatsone in concert pitch would be good but I am open to all your offers. Either way, something that is ready to play. I would also consider selling it, if someone wanted to buy it I would accept offers around £1100

Here is a link to the website of the maker, look at the one with metal ends, that is the same as my one but with 7 folds and lachenal bellow papers:

http://www.apjmusic.co.uk/apj_30button_anglo.htm

here is a video of me playing it:

at this time pictures of the actual thing cant be done, as it is at my dads house miles away! I will upload when i am able. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Jake of Hertford

Hello

I have played the melodeon for years and approached the anglo a couple of years ago as a means of getting a more portable and chromatic instrument, with a similar playing style. However having now tried my friends english more extensively I think I would be best off with an english concertina, I am also starting to explore more classical music and other genres than folk. The tina I offer is a 7 fold bellows metal ended C/G Ap James concertina, it has 'gold star' style lachenal bellows papers. This is a hybrid concertina. New they are £1200, I paid a bit extra for the papers and extra fold. I think this is nicer than selling it and buying an english because I could meet the person who I would be trading with and we could play each others instruments and have a good decide weather we both like the deal. I seek a standard english treble concertina of the same quality, I am not bothered weather it is hybrid or traditional. Going by the price guide on the barleycorn concertina website, something like a higher end lachenal or mid range wheatsone in concert pitch would be good but I am open to all your offers. Either way, something that is ready to play. I would also consider selling it, if someone wanted to buy it I would accept offers around £1100

Here is a link to the website of the maker, look at the one with metal ends, that is the same as my one but with 7 folds and lachenal bellow papers:

http://www.apjmusic....utton_anglo.htm

at this time pictures of the actual thing cant be done, as it is at my dads house miles away! I will upload when i am able. Thanks for reading!

Not to damp your hopes too much. Barleycorn prices are now a fair bit higher than suggested. I recently traded my mid range Lach. in for one of his lowest priced Edeophones. The Lach. was Rosewood, 5 fold metal button in well used condition, and he reckoned that after a small amount of tightening up to remedy my many hard years of use, he'd be offering it at ~£1200.

New model Lach's varied a lot depending on spec, but I think that they started at at least £1500. Fancier Edeophones than mine were at least £2500 and going on £3000 for metal ended, 6 folds.

I wasn't really looking at the wheastones, I think you'll certainly be looking towards £2000 for a mid range wheatstone.

Have a look at Theo's current for sale list (and drool) for comparisons.

However these are commercial sales from dealers who have to cover costs, back up problems, and turn a profit

private sales prices are often more modest esp. in the risky world of ebay.

Hello

http://www.apjmusic....utton_anglo.htm

Not to damp your hopes too much. Barleycorn prices are now a fair bit higher than suggested. I recently traded my mid range Lach. in for one of his lowest priced Edeophones. The Lach. was Rosewood, 5 fold metal button in well used condition, and he reckoned that after a small amount of tightening up to remedy my many hard years of use, he'd be offering it at ~£1200.

New model Lach's varied a lot depending on spec, but I think that they started at at least £1500. Fancier Edeophones than mine were at least £2500 and going on £3000 for metal ended, 6 folds.

I wasn't really looking at the wheastones, I think you'll certainly be looking towards £2000 for a mid range wheatstone.

Have a look at Theo's current for sale list (and drool) for comparisons.

However these are commercial sales from dealers who have to cover costs, back up problems, and turn a profit

private sales prices are often more modest esp. in the risky world of ebay.

Alright, I didn't know that. I am not to up to date on prices as I havent been in the market for concertinas for some time. I suppose it would be good to look for something similar to your old lach. 5 fold metal buttons rosewood type thing. I have played them they are rather agreeable.

ah I just had a look at theo's list. He has a nice looking wheatstone model. Its just a couple of hundred above my price range though. I guess I would be looking at the model below that one.

If you're looking at a swap with another member though, prices could be more agreeable, so while I may have come across as depressing, don't aim too low either!

ah I just had a look at theo's list. He has a nice looking wheatstone model. Its just a couple of hundred above my price range though. I guess I would be looking at the model below that one.

If you're looking at a swap with another member though, prices could be more agreeable, so while I may have come across as depressing, don't aim too low either!

heh :) its alright you are helpful