Stormy Weather

Great moves and mood shifts there. Couldnt make out what box it is (I would have been distracted by a souwester and umbrella just as much as your tan tenue!)

Thank you for your kind words! It's a Wheatstone English. I am puzzled by your last comment. What is tan tenue?

sun-tan-seeking keep super fit rollerbladers! (e.g. about pic number 10 - first lot of pics look like middle of winter!

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2472

Enjoyed your music.

I was recently in Hawaii for several days and saw your post while there. After listening to the video (and having considerable free time available) I was motivated to try my hand at the local music, especially since my usual Irish Anglo fare didn't really mesh well in that part of the world. I stopped by a local Ukelele shop and picked up a book of Hawaiian iconic standards and then set about trying my hand at coming up with some sort of Anglo arrangement for a few of them.

I recorded the result on my phone (the only recorder I had available), complete with the sound of the surf and local birds in the background. It's not "Stormy Weather," but now that I'm back home I enjoy listening to the version of "Beyond the Reef" I recorded that day.

Enjoyed your music.

I was recently in Hawaii for several days and saw your post while there. After listening to the video (and having considerable free time available) I was motivated to try my hand at the local music, especially since my usual Irish Anglo fare didn't really mesh well in that part of the world. I stopped by a local Ukelele shop and picked up a book of Hawaiian iconic standards and then set about trying my hand at coming up with some sort of Anglo arrangement for a few of them.

I recorded the result on my phone (the only recorder I had available), complete with the sound of the surf and local birds in the background. It's not "Stormy Weather," but now that I'm back home I enjoy listening to the version of "Beyond the Reef" I recorded that day.

...and the mp3???

Gary

I don't know if I'm smart enough to shake a copy out of the phone and post it here. I've been working primarily with an iPhone and iPad recently and posting files seems more difficult from those sources. I suppose I could do it via iTunes and a PC but I don't have access to an iTunes/PC connection at the moment. Really, my effort and recording is not in the same league with the emotive Stormy Weather rendition this thread is about, but I like the mix of sounds on my Hawaiian effort. I'll look into the matter of moving the file and see what I come up with.