WANTED- old concertina case

pipives

Hi everyone,

I'd like a hexagonal wooden concertina case for my new toy. I have a spare modern square case but it's a bit big!

Normally there are some kicking around on ebay, but i can't find any. Condition is not important as I can re-line them, sort out woodwork issues/hinge/handle/catch faults.

It's for a normal (6.25 inch) 30 key concertina. Anyone got anything laying around that they don't need? If so, email me at pip.ives.concertina@gmail.com

let me know what you have..................................

Before you jump, be aware of three things: first is that concertina sizes vary so what may fit one model may not fit another. The second and more important thing is that the old cases were hard on the contents. They sat upright which can cause the valves on one side of the concertina to droop - something not good for the playability of the instrument. These cases also can be hard on the wooden ends and the bellows too since there is no inside padding. Overall, a modern case is much better for your concertina.

Ross Schlabach

Hello

I think Wally Carroll stated on his website that they are making 6 sided (modern, padded) cases and that they might be available for order, not just for your new Carroll instrument.

Richar

Hello

I think Wally Carroll stated on his website that they are making 6 sided (modern, padded) cases and that they might be available for order, not just for your new Carroll instrument.

Richar

I know the old cases are harder on the instrument. The last old style case i had I always left on it's side, rather than it's end, as I know what that can do long term to the pads and valves.

Ideally a proper, blocked, fitted, padded case is what i need I suppose. Might send Wally an email though to see if he'll make one

Ideally a proper, blocked, fitted, padded case is what i need I suppose. Might send Wally an email though to see if he'll make one

You should also consider a Storm 2075 Case this one takes a standard size concertina quite comfortably and, apart from a custom made flight case, gives better protection than any other case I've seen.

You should also consider a Storm 2075 Case this one takes a standard size concertina quite comfortably and, apart from a custom made flight case, gives better protection than any other case I've seen.

Oh aye............... thanks Theo, I'd completely forgotten about those. Alex Wade uses one, I should of thunk of that. Must be overworked playing all these instruments every day!!

I know the old cases are harder on the instrument. The last old style case i had I always left on it's side, rather than it's end, as I know what that can do long term to the pads and valves.

Talk to Greg Jowaisas here on c.net; he builds excellent traditional blocked cases.