Any Guess on WHAT I'm Getting?

I bumped in to a friend of mine on Sunday who said "I'll be coming by your house this week because I found a concertina in my house...it was left by this guy who skipped town, since you play, you can have it"

She described it as "red, with white buttons and it seems to play a chord on each button."

So friends....what on earth is this thing???

My friend only knows that a "concertina" goes "in and out". I've tried to explain the "Anglo" "English" workings,

but I don't think she's fluent enough to explain what she found. She said it was in "a nice box" and looks to be in perfect conditon, although she didn't "press all of the buttons."

Hey, I figure whatever this is....it's FREE and if it's playable...should be a bit of fun!

Other guesses are most welcome!!!

My friend only knows that a "concertina" goes "in and out". I've tried to explain the "Anglo" "English" workings,

but I don't think she's fluent enough to explain what she found. She said it was in "a nice box" and looks to be in perfect conditon, although she didn't "press all of the buttons."

Hey, I figure whatever this is....it's FREE and if it's playable...should be a bit of fun!

Other guesses are most welcome!!!

Is she called Charlotte? I reckon it's this ...... with a spongey bellows, smelling of alcohol from some musicians' dive and it goes up to your mouth and down to your tum! And of course it also goes in before it comes out.....

http://tinyurl.com/n4j7oe

If I was a betting man, I would guess it's a double reeded (octave tuned) 20 button German concertina- maybe a Scholer- in beautiful mother-of-toilet-seat red perloid. Let us know!

If I was a betting man, I would guess it's a double reeded (octave tuned) 20 button German concertina- maybe a Scholer- in beautiful mother-of-toilet-seat red perloid. Let us know!

I'd put my bet on that type as well!

Cheers,

John

I'd put my bet on that type as well!

Cheers,

John

Same as me...

or more likely: octave detuned :rolleyes:

But, Lester, cool video!

Mystery box turns out to be a "Made In Italy" (hmmmmmm) 12 fold / 20 key Anglo with red faux mother of pearl ends, and plastic imitation ivory buttons (2 missing, several are loose fitting). The tone isn't half bad, IF you can manage the push & pull.

I can best describe it as like pulling taffy...which is probably easier. My Aussie Terrier, who sometimes will join in with my English, went wild!!! Howling like a wild Dingo the moment I sent air across the reeds. I mean he HATES this thing!!! So as a test I got my English out along with the Anglo...not a peep out of him with the English and instant howling again with the Anglo.

I did the right thing and thanked my friend as though they gave me the golden ticket to Wonka's factory....I just hope they never ask to hear me play it.

Mystery box turns out to be a "Made In Italy" (hmmmmmm) 12 fold / 20 key Anglo with red faux mother of pearl ends, and plastic imitation ivory buttons (2 missing, several are loose fitting). The tone isn't half bad, IF you can manage the push & pull.

Is it double reeded, and can the tuning be determined? inquiring minds want to know :D