Sony Mini disc recorder working great

richard

FOR SALE: SONY MINIDISC RECORDER.

PRICE: $65.00 PLUS S&H ....or MAKE ME AN OFFER

This is a Walkman NET MD WALKMAN MZ-N707 TYPE-R MDLP

It is working perfectly. It is about 9 years old and makes very nice quality recordings of live music or whatever. It was very lightly used once every year at NHICS. It is no longer compatible with my computer operating system so I had to replace it with a digital recorder.

I have used this for recording music lessons and it has been a great tool.

More information @

http://www.epinions.com/specs/Blank_Media-All-Sony_MZ-N707_MZ-N707

ALSO INCLUDES:

• REMOTE CORD

• USB CORD

• AC ADAPTOR

• HOLDER WITH CORD SOCKET

• USER GUIDE BOOK

PLEATHER "CASE"

Please contact me by personal message...

Thanks!

Edited by richard

• 3 months later...

Hello

Since nobody seems interested in putting out cash for this working but obsolete technology

I would be interested to trade This minidisc recorder for something interesting/musical/whatever.

Let's be creative.

Richard

Hello

Since nobody seems interested in putting out cash for this working but obsolete technology

I would be interested to trade This minidisc recorder for something interesting/musical/whatever.

Let's be creative.

Richard

OK I'll put in a bid.

I will swap you a paperback Augener's edition of MOORE Complete Irish Melodies ("Price 10/- Net") the only date I can see on it is a preface dated 1859 but I suspect it's perhaps 80 or 100 years old; it's in good order, not pristine but no loose or missing pages or damage apart from it looks like it's been in a book case and the spine is a bit dogeared at top and bottom; it's not structural though. there are about 150 songs all with full piano acc. If this is a vast rarity you're ahead; I haven't checked; it seemed like it might be something special but it's not my sort of thing.

AND a copy of Francis and Day's Pocket Book Of Folk Songs For Anglo Chromatic Concertina. c1966. Another 20 songs this time rather basic; words, tune, a bass line and annotated chords (and guitar tabs strangely. I wonder if F&D's Pochet Book etc but 'For The Guitar' instead was exactly the same apart from the cover?). Definitely not my sort of thing.

You pay your post and I'll pay mine. Your turn...

Two things Dirge:

1. A paper back book that is 80-100 years old ? Mmmmm suppose it is possible.. I getting up there myself. :(

2. Mini Discs.... can you still find a supplier ? :unsure:

1) We're talking one of those big music bindings with thin covers, not an Alastair Maclean type thing but still looks fundamentally made the same way.

2) Dunno, that was my contribution to having a flyer, but I was assuming Richard would have a few discs at least in with the deal so it wouldn't be completely useless!

Hi Dirge

Unfortunately your book of music won't be maximally useful to me. I appreciate the thought.

I just did a minimal research and new minidiscs are available. This machine is not really obsolete or anachronistic.

I would consider some form of folk art, papier mache, ukulele, cotton Hawaiian shirts, art books, concertinas....etc.

Thanks folks,

Richard

Dirge go on, persuade him to take up the harmonica! Then:

I have some spare mini-discs - I reckon I will sell you a couple at 100NZ$ .... each....!(plus p%p at 50NZ$ to down under)

I mean it's all right you recession hit music-makinug bourgeois trying to do barter in the global recession, but some of us capitalists need to turn a bob or two as intermediaries :D

Two things Dirge:

1. A paper back book that is 80-100 years old ? Mmmmm suppose it is possible.. I getting up there myself. :(

Yes to 2.! But mostly they are the normal density type, recording for around 74 minutes. There is also an HD type which will record around 34 hours or store around 45 CDs. HD discs won't work on lots of systems, and I think that only a few Sony Minidisc models were HD compatible.

Edited by wes williams

• 2 weeks later...

Two things Dirge:

Yes to 2.! But mostly they are the normal density type, recording for around 74 minutes. There is also an HD type which will record around 34 hours or store around 45 CDs. HD discs won't work on lots of systems, and I think that only a few Sony Minidisc models were HD compatible.

Hey, did anyone bite on this recorder?? I just found a package of unopened "formatted diskettes" 2HD--there are 25 in the package. Can one of our members could make use of these--otherwise they are going in the garbage. Shelly

Unfortunately the "Net" part of the name on these things was barefaced lying. You couldn't use the USB link except on a small range of Windows machines using special software, and not very effectively even than.

I think I paid 3 quid from a charity shop for mine, and it wasn't worth even that.

Unfortunately the "Net" part of the name on these things was barefaced lying. You couldn't use the USB link except on a small range of Windows machines using special software, and not very effectively even than.

I think I paid 3 quid from a charity shop for mine, and it wasn't worth even that.

I still have one of the newer HD ones, and at it's most popular there was a very active forum and some third party software which would run on other systems than windows PCs. I can't remember whether they ever got it to run under Linux though. I think Sony eventually relaxed the overenthusiastic DRM a bit so you could actually do something with your own recordings!

Chris