Playing in F, D minor, G minor on C/G Anglo

I started playing in F a lot on my C/G Crabb to accompany sea songs with a new singing partner. I am mostly playing melody/harmony with the right hand and chords with the left. I find it to be very comfortable and easy to adapt to. Many of the tunes I play in C I'm changing to F because they fit the playing pattern better; especially tunes that go below the root C note. Dm is also just as comfortable and lots of full chords are available on the left hand. I'm all for more tunes played in C, F, and Dm for the C/G anglo.

• 1 month later...

I started playing in F a lot on my C/G Crabb to accompany sea songs with a new singing partner. I am mostly playing melody/harmony with the right hand and chords with the left. I find it to be very comfortable and easy to adapt to. Many of the tunes I play in C I'm changing to F because they fit the playing pattern better; especially tunes that go below the root C note. Dm is also just as comfortable and lots of full chords are available on the left hand. I'm all for more tunes played in C, F, and Dm for the C/G anglo.

Hello, I play also a lot in F and D minor, as I told in other messages, and both have nice chords. I can play in F, although galician and other spanish music is a bit complicated because the scales of the tunes are very commonly with adjacent notes, i. e. F G A, Bb G A; not two by two i. e. F A , C E ,etc. and it does the fingering a bit tricky. But in the middle octave, the higher scale in which I now playing also in F is more difficult, because you do all the fingering only in the right hand, and as I am playing now several tunes in the higher octave in F with my group, it is because I asked in another thread about the Bb/F concertinas.

In the other hand, in Spain and Galicia we don't have a typical tunings for instruments for playing, and tunings, then I have diatonic accordions in C/F, Bb/Eb, D/G, concertinas in C/G, C sharp/G sharp (in the future perhaps a Bb/F). I play more in C, and F, D minor, because I play a lot with pipers that use galician pipes tunes in C. With the pipes bands people play a lot the pipes in Bb, and for sessions and other than pipes people play.

Perhaps the most extended key for playing is C, but also G is found for the hurdy gurdy, some diatonic accoridons, etc.

But F is a nice because its full and rich sound.

But of course I don't carry always with all the instruments...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just learning to play myself, over the past few years I have dabbled. Because I've always loved these keys I have

tried to learn them on the anglo and to me it's easier than trying to play in D major. I'm on the lookout for

D major tunes that don't use very much c# but I don't mind Bb in fact it adds life to my playing since I moved low Bb

to the center pull of left hand accidental row, the high one is in the standard spot, the center pull of right hand accidental row.

• 3 months later...

Hello, about playing in D minor, as example, a version of the tunes "Toque de Teatro" recorded by the great spanish group La Musgaña, that play mainly music from Castilla-León that I posted (with some mistakes... ;-)) some years ago in the facebook group "Concertina in Spain".

They are two jotas or valses in 3/4 rythm.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1773450053628&set=o.175242589153013&type=2&theater

As I told in previous posts, for me playing in D minor in the lachenal/wheatstone layout is very similar to play in the diatonic accordion.

La Musgaña (youtube)