Sign in to follow this  
RatFace

Concertina in a 150th anniversary video for Daynes Music

Already gone from YouTube. What was it?

Edited by Daniel Hersh

The right webpage

Very nice video of the company's history, and a nice bit of concertina history too! I'll bet this is the same concertina in the George Ottinger painting on Dan Worrall's website:

http://angloconcertina.org/USAnglo.html

Just for fun I sent a message to Dayne's Music suggesting they get Greg Jowaisas to restore it as part of their 150th year celebration!

Gary

P.S. Nice playing from cnet member RatFace as well!

Edited by gcoover

Thanks for posting the update - they must have swapped the video just after I posted (which was seconds before I dived into the car to go off camping for a week).

Perhaps my eyes are fooling me but isn't the concertina in the Dayne's music video an English concertina? That would make the connection to the history of the Anglo in the American west about something different.

Actually, the video was updated with a slightly different transition to the "future" as requested by Skip, and re-posted. However, that lovely and historic little concertina is featured throughout, including a nice piece played by Danny Chapman, "Andante Largo, Sor" in the beginning and at the tail of the video. Google daynes music anniversary.