As new baritone

Simon H

One thing I would say is that brass reeded Baritones can be a bit slow at the lower end. Dave Elliott improved mine significantly by adding springs that prevent the lower valves from opening more than they need

chris

I have actually employed the same trick on this one - I use the same 25 thou phosphor-bronze wire that I use for springs. I also just finished a New Model tenor in F, whose reeds are considerably bigger, and that one had springs fitted from new.

And the winner is none other than myself a very happy CNET winner with winning bid of 1700 GBP. I of course was devouring every word of this discussion thread and went for it and the rest is history. I look at winning as simply obtaining the stewardship for the instrument for ever how long I am allowed to do so. Stephen in Texas

ps And in appreciation for finding out about the instrument on CNET I have made a donation to CNET.

Edited by StephenTx

And the winner is none other than myself a very happy CNET winner with winning bid of 1700 GBP. I of course was devouring every word of this discussion thread and went for it and the rest is history. I look at winning as simply obtaining the stewardship for the instrument for ever how long I am allowed to do so. Stephen in Texas

ps And in appreciation for finding out about the instrument on CNET I have made a donation to CNET.

Congrats, Stephen! I hope you spend many hours enjoying playing it, as I have been doing with my 1854 baritone. Being only 19 serial numbers apart, they are almost brothers. :)

Chris

Congrats, Stephen! I hope you spend many hours enjoying playing it, as I have been doing with my 1854 baritone. Being only 19 serial numbers apart, they are almost brothers. :)

Chris

Thanks Chris....I am excited and will gladly receive and most likely look for advice in the future. As we say in Hawaii "where I am from" Mahalo brah

Stephen

Edited by StephenTx

Loving this thread. My Wheatsone bari is #9399. I watched that Ebay auction with great interest, as it seemed identical to mine. I was kind of shocked that it went into the last day with no bids. Guess the action heated up there at the end.

Loving this thread. My Wheatstone bari is #9399. I watched that Ebay auction with great interest, as it seemed identical to mine. I was kind of shocked that it went into the last day with no bids. Guess the action heated up there at the end.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Wheatstone Baritone #3792, and it looks almost exactly the same! It's got such a wonderful lovely deep voice, but yeah it's not so good for fast playing. Definitely enjoy it! We call my Baritone "Barry" for obvious reasons, of course. :D

-Patrick