Toronto English session

I lead a session twice a month in a pub, the Caledonian, in downtown Toronto where we play primarily English tunes.

This recent session I am delighted to say we had 7 concertinas present ! 6 anglos and one lone English.

2 Dipper anglos (they are brothers), 1 Jeffries, 2 Edgleys, 1 Wheatstone and a Dipper English

Before you English players start feeling sorry for your mate, let me tell you he plays an Dipper English that is probably the loudest concertina I have ever heard.

He yields to no man!

The 2yr old Dippers Paul Read and I play are wonderful, wonderful anglos and really loud instruments ( both wooden ended.)

Paul Read is 4th from the right and I am on the extreme right.

Loads of fun.

Robin

post-250-0-71694100-1340376320_thumb.jpg

I lead a session twice a month in a pub, the Caledonian, in downtown Toronto where we play primarily English tunes.

This recent session I am delighted to say we had 7 concertinas present ! 6 anglos and one lone English.

2 Dipper anglos (they are brothers), 1 Jeffries, 2 Edgleys, 1 Wheatstone and a Dipper English

Before you English players start feeling sorry for your mate, let me tell you he plays an Dipper English that is probably the loudest concertina I have ever heard.

He yields to no man!

The 2yr old Dippers Paul Read and I play are wonderful, wonderful anglos and really loud instruments ( both wooden ended.)

Paul Read is 4th from the right and I am on the extreme right.

Loads of fun.

Wish I could have been there! And now it's all but certain that my boys will miss the Ale. No English sessions around here, sad to say.

I think one of the Edgleys is actually a Morse Robin.

Why punctuation is important: I spent about a minute wondering what a Morse Robin is, since I've only ever heard of the Ceili, Albion and Geordie...

(Not to pick on you, Paul--I'm just being amused at myself for forgetting who started this thread.)

[edited to remove a superfluous ellipsis...]

Edited by jdms