Protect That Concertina!

to test the degree of tilt on the table, place one edeophone at the high end of the table, axis at 90 degrees to the direction of slope, and then save up for an Aeola.

I can vouch for that one, my Edeophone has a 3-way crack in the vicinity of the right hand thumb strap, they really do roll extremely well !

Depends on:

where its cracked

where the cracks pass through

what the wood is

how wide the cracks are

I suggest you open a topic in the repair forum and post a picture with it, or email direct to me

Dave

I don't know that  fragments of glass are particularly more concertina-friendly than beer. :o

On the contrary, I can think of nothing less concertina-friendly than soaking it in beer

I heard a strange tale last night of an accordion player, who sat his instrument on the floor in a pub, and it was promptly soaked with two pints of beer knocked over. the landlord promptly grabbed a bottle of vodka and poured it on to the accordion. after shaking out and wiping away a few drips, the beer had left no trace, having been cleaned out by the vodka, and the vodka spirit itself left no trace.

Was this just the subtle wind-up I suspected or could there be any truth in the story?

- John Wild :huh:

it was promptly soaked with two pints of beer knocked over.
you can try it on this "Waschica German concertina", that I just bought off eBay, if you like . . . :lol:

How does that work? You insert the concertina, add soapy water (or vodka?), and work the bellows to wash out the beer? :o

Edited by JimLucas

I heard a strange tale last night of an accordion player, who sat his instrument on the floor in a pub, and it was promptly soaked with two pints of beer knocked over. the landlord promptly grabbed a bottle of vodka and poured it on to the accordion. after shaking out and wiping away a few drips, the beer had left no trace, having been cleaned out by the vodka, and the vodka spirit itself left no trace.

It works..!

I jush treid it and atfer the blotte of vokda I cna't feel any trcae of teh beer...

Crihs

It works..!

I jush treid it and atfer the blotte of vokda I cna't feel any trcae of teh beer...

Crihs

It works..!

I jush treid it and  atfer the blotte of vokda I cna't feel any trcae of teh beer...

Crihs

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

to test the degree of tilt on the table, place one edeophone at the high end of the table, axis at 90 degrees to the direction of slope, and then save up for an Aeola.

I knew (when I finally arrived at the campsite) by the looks on their faces that my daughter and partner had a guilty secret. They were so pleased with it they had to tell me; they'd tested the slope for the tent by trying to roll my Edeophone along the ground. I spent the rest of the holiday trying to capsize his boat by way of revenge...... Apparently they got the idea when I put my 'tina on a chair and it rolled off and landed on a sleeping cat.

Jill :angry: :(

Just in the interest of science, (and the price of Aeolas), did the Edeophone roll better bellows open or closed? perhaps you might like to repeat the experiment, perhaps using a stuffed cat rather than a live one- my wife likes cats.

Also, how is an edeophone used to capsize a boat? "Vengence is mine sayeth the concertina player!"

Dave

. . . they got the idea when I put my 'tina on a chair and it rolled off and landed on a sleeping cat.

It couldn't happen here, my cat runs a mile from concertinas, and melodeons !

I don't think she likes the noise they make, but it could be jealousy because they get to sit on my lap instead of her.

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Dave,

Just in the interest of science, (and the price of Aeolas), did the Edeophone roll better bellows open or closed? perhaps you might like to repeat the experiment, perhaps using a stuffed cat rather than a live one- my wife likes cats.

Also, how is an edeophone used to capsize a boat? "Vengence is mine sayeth the concertina player!"

Sadly, I can't answer your question; I'm still too stunned to ask. I could ask Astro if he'd care to repeat the experiment but he now runs when he sees the Edeophone. Second, my playing is so poor I could capsize most enterprises! (Insert Star Trek joke of choice.)

Regards, Jill

(PS will you be at Witney?)

you could capsize an enterprise by just looking at it! No need to trouble yourself with using the concertina.

one of my other passions is dinghy sailing and I hate the tippy old fashioned bathtubs!

i think it is only pushed into second place in the worst design ever award by the mirror.

give me a nice stately wayfarer any day.

Edited by Peter Brook

With this talk of experiments and cats could we have invented a method to find the lost chord?

Just enclose the cat and the concertina in a box and drop it.

The trouble being that the observer will then hear the chord and it will no longer be lost.

Robin Madge

The trouble being that the observer will then hear the chord and it will no longer be lost.

Hang on, you propose a method to find the Lost Chord, and then complain that the Chord won't be Lost any more? The solution is in your hands. Drop the box (with concertina) on the cat. The cat will no longer be an impartial observer - it may not be an observer at all any more - and thus will not be able to Find the Chord.

May I volunteer next door's tom for the experiment?

Yours quantumfelinically,

Chris

Edited to add important PS: Jill, please don't repeat the experiment with the hammered dulcimer - at least, not until you have your own!

Edited by Chris Timson