Sign in to follow this  
symon

Rob Harbron Workshop

This seems to have been put together at the last minute. The details can be found here:

http://www.soundpost.org.uk/

This looks similar to the workshop he did in Lewes earlier this year. I went to that and can confidently say it was brilliant.

So, get along if you can.

Peter

Have booked my place, looking forward to it. I was very envious of the Lewes workshop, so to have this less than an hour away is too good an opportunity to miss.

Any other Cnetters going?

Recommended. I play Anglo not EC but found the Lewes workshop very good. Great location in Loxley Valley and Royal Hotel at Dungworth does good beer and pies!

I play the EC and have done two workshops with Robert, enjoyed them both , and come away with a lot to think about. It's impossible to take everything in a workshop like this, on the day, so my advice is to bring along a recording device, record the important bits (with the permission of the tutor, of course) and then you can reprise them at your leisure, later.

Chris

Great idea. At Lewes Rob was encouraging people to use recording equipment if they could.

Got my joining instructions and advanced notice of the tunes last night, woo hoo.

(although I must confess that I saw the email had come but not actually looked at the stuff yet as I'd got engrossed in the Netherlands v Germany game).

And what an excellent workshop it was.

If like me you've not been to one of Rob's workshops I'd thoroughly recommend it, as he really gets you thinking about every aspect of your concertina playing whilst leaving loads of room for personal style and technique to develop.

There's lots to take away and work on which will make me a better player if I absorb 10% of it into my playing, and you can't say fairer than that for a day's workshop.

Thanks to Rob for the workshop, and to Fay Hield for setting it up.