knicknames for concertina

We all know the most common names for our insrtument; have you any others that might be amusing?

Aside from the common ones like squeezebox, etc., I like "wee squeeky thing" and "musical worm" (so called by one of my autistic students).

What're your favorites?

We all know the most common names for our insrtument; have you any others that might be amusing?

Aside from the common ones like squeezebox, etc., I like "wee squeeky thing" and "musical worm" (so called by one of my autistic students).

What're your favorites?

I frequently shorten it to 'tina.

I recall "Leather Ferret" from my time in the north of England. A local in-joke name here in France,amongst members of our band, is "Contituna", after a typo in a recent concert programme. This caused some hilarity, for us, but it was closer than the "Petit Accordeon" that is normally used :blink: !

In Australia; " Concer". <_<

Edited by Geoff Wooff

Oh, geez. Leather Ferret is good.

Some guy at the Mt. Angel Oktoberfest called his button accordion the Tootenfarten.

Reminds me of the story of Olaf the Bull; say, anyone know where that piece of spoken storytelling can be found? Its hilarious. I had a copy once but misplaced it.

Any more epithets?

Cheers,

Rob

Any more epithets?

Not for the concertina by itself, but when I'm carrying one in a gig bag I sometimes put my wallet in there as well (so as not to ruin the drape of my trousers, doncha know :) ). Once in a while it will get joggled and let out a nice chord. My wife refers to the whole ensemble as my "honky manpurse".

Of course, there's always the great Bernard Wrigley response to "what do you call that thing?". "Albert".

I rather like the term "Anglo-Celtic Air Compressor".

Gary

Maybe "with controllable leaks??"

The amount of times I get it called a melodeon or accordion. *bangs head against wall*

Ironically, the word "concertina" appears in so many different uses in English (try creating an Ebay filter!) but so few actually know what the d*mn thing is.