Wheatstone Aeola 48 English Ebay scam?

PwH

It's basically an ad rather than an open auction: Please contact me before bidding or buying at [....]hotmail.com for buy it now price and details!

It's probably not a scam. While it isn't an Aeola, a good Wheatstone English concertina should fetch at least two or even three times the opening bid of £9.99!

It's basically an ad rather than an open auction: Please contact me before bidding or buying at [....]hotmail.com for buy it now price and details!

But it is a classic scammer strategy.

It's probably not a scam.

Which is exactly what a scammer wants you to think.

Auction ended early--

. While it isn't an Aeola,

In my ignorance I thought eight sided Wheatstones were all Aeolas- is this not the case?

Peter H

It's probably not a scam. While it isn't an Aeola, a good Wheatstone English concertina should fetch at least two or even three times the opening bid of £9.99!

If this isn't a scam, I'll eat my Jeffries.

If this isn't a scam, I'll eat my Jeffries.

I'm sure it was a scam too. The listing is now gone:

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Interestingly it was taken off sale not long after I sent this mail and got this reply . Note he offers to have it brought to me - Phishing for an address? I don't think I'll be following this up!

(QUOTE) Hi and thanks for the email.The concertina is like new. The buy it now price including shipping is £2,000 (delivered anywhere in UK). I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. Let me know if you want details on how to complete the sale.It's located in Aberdeen

To: MichaelAtkins1966@hotmail.com

Subject: Concertina

Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 09:55:02 +0100

Hi Michael,

As requested I am contacting you regarding this concertina. Can you give me more details about the instrument please? What is your view on it's value? You must be aware that £9.99 is a ridiculously low starting price for this item, even if it needs some work doing on it, which the photo suggests it won't need much. How long have you had it , and what is it's history? Do you know how old it is?

Thanks, Peter H. (UNQUOTE)