C. Jeffries Anglo on e-bay

Lee Sinclair

I have taken the plunge and have advertised my C. Jeffries, 23 Praed St, 38 button anglo on E-bay. I have put a starting price of £3800.00 on it as I have just spent loads having it reconditioned! New heavy duty 7 fold bellows and tuned to modern pitch. It is F/Bb, I had hoped to have it tuned to G/C but I took advice that it is best to keep as original as possible. I hope some of you will bid and if you want more info let me know. Cheers

post-9925-0-30158600-1333525589_thumb.jpg

Edited by redlaneham

May I ask who did the reconditioning and made the 7-fold bellow?

Thank you,

Greg

Yes, it was Dave Elliot. He repaded and gave the mechanism a good overhaul. The bellows were bought in, as Dave doesn't make bellows. As I say on the E-bay advert, they are "heavy duty" and are excellent. Lee

List of Daves reconditioning for this instrument:

new valves, new pads, re-set up of action, some new springs, re- setting of reed pan shims as needed, replacement of the thin leather wrist straps, New heavy duty bellows and Jeffries papers,2 new end bolts,one reed to replace, A complete renewal of all dampers, And a complete renewal of all cross bushes.

Dave Leese bellows then, I guess.

Yes, Dave did them for me just on the cusp of his 'retirement', the original bellows were brittle and spoiled. made worse by someone painting over the original Jeffreys papers to make the bellows all black. I dressed these bellows in the original style, no black paint!

Dave

I've got 84 watchers on Ebay and no offers! Is everyone justing waiting to see what their Jeffries are worth or are they all waiting to bid in the last two minutes? I'm meeting with an interested possible buyer tomorrow so I'll let you all know how that goes.

Gone!! for £4000.00 seems cheap to me but has gone to an excellent player and not a dealer.

Congratulations on the sale. I think that prices overall are down a bit from their peak a few years ago, and a 38-button Bb/F will be in less demand than a 30-button C/G because most of the Irish and Irish-style players don't want them.

Edited by Daniel Hersh

Gone!! for £4000.00 seems cheap to me but has gone to an excellent player and not a dealer.

Really good to hear its gone to a player. If its the Pat I think it is it couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke or lovely player. I hope your pleased too. Will that be a new Melodeon in the pipeline then? All the Best mory

Really good to hear its gone to a player. If its the Pat I think it is it couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke or lovely player. I hope your pleased too. Will that be a new Melodeon in the pipeline then? All the Best mory

Unfortunately it's going towards the daughters wedding!