Lachenal Edeophone

Galley Wench

Before I resort to ebay is there any interest on this site in a Lachenal Edeophone that I am selling. I bought it from the Music Room a few years ago when I believe it had been restored by Barlecorn as it has the Barleycorn stamp inside and was and of course still is in beautiful condition. It just needs playing. The reason I am selling is that I can't play as much as I used to due to arthritis in my thumbs. I was going to sell a while ago but then I was hoping that some medical treatment that I had last year was going to help but unfortunatley it has not. I have an Aola Tenor Treble that I love to play and this is enough for the amount of time I am playing. I am also learning the black art of Piano Accordion playing which is less strain on my thumbs! The Edeophone is just not played enough and we all know that this is not good for a concertina. It is a 48 key, twelve sided, treble, finished in black. serial number 55981. I can email photo's if anyone is interested.

Carol

Before I resort to ebay is there any interest on this site in a Lachenal Edeophone that I am selling. I bought it from the Music Room a few years ago when I believe it had been restored by Barlecorn as it has the Barleycorn stamp inside and was and of course still is in beautiful condition. It just needs playing. The reason I am selling is that I can't play as much as I used to due to arthritis in my thumbs. I was going to sell a while ago but then I was hoping that some medical treatment that I had last year was going to help but unfortunatley it has not. I have an Aola Tenor Treble that I love to play and this is enough for the amount of time I am playing. I am also learning the black art of Piano Accordion playing which is less strain on my thumbs! The Edeophone is just not played enough and we all know that this is not good for a concertina. It is a 48 key, twelve sided, treble, finished in black. serial number 55981. I can email photo's if anyone is interested.

Carol

PM sent

• 4 months later...

The instrument would still seem to be for sale (same serial number), offered through the Preloved website:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/list/3566/keyboards-synthesizers-and-organs.html?keyword=concertinas%20musical%20instrument

That pictured is indeed an English and a very nice looking box.

I know that such websites are a prone to inadvertantly hosting scam adverts, although the location in Barnsley would tally with Galley Wench's location.

I saw (but didn't play) this Edeophone when I visited Carol's Barnsley house to buy another of her concertinas (which was exactly as described) and can confirm that it looks a real treat. She is an honest seller.