Paging Alan Day !

Alan-

Like Chris and Dan in the other thread, I have been unable to PM you, and in addition two recent e-mails to you about my upcoming trip to London have gone unanswered.

Please see this thread.

I will be at The George on Monday, April 2nd and in response to the above post, another c.net member has invited me to his house on Tuesday the 3rd to play with him and some friends.

I would love to have a chance to meet you after all these years. Please get in touch. I promise I won't ask you about "Duet International"!

Hallo David

Thanks for your messages ,one of which I did reply to.

I have just moved across to East Anglia to a little village called Shottisham and I am in the middle of changing Email addresses. I did reply to your first Email to me, but obviously you did not get it.

I have a problem that my car, although with a low mileage does not meet the new requirements for exhaust emissions into London,

so not sure at the moment how to get over that one.

As for Duet International - I shall have to give Graham a good slap.

Al

Is there anyone East of London outside the exhaust area I can drive to for a lift in or is there a tube station outside the boundary ?

Al

Alan, perhaps in the meantime the drinkers in 'The Sorrel Horse' might welcome some of your musical accompaniment ? Rod

Is there anyone East of London outside the exhaust area I can drive to for a lift in or is there a tube station outside the boundary ?

Al

Alan, perhaps in the meantime the drinkers in 'The Sorrel Horse' might welcome some of your musical accompaniment ? Rod

Working on it Rod.Third Monday in April - Mike and I , 4th Monday's a session

Al :)

Al

Al :)

Al, Compose another catchy little tune when the mood takes you. Call it 'The Sorrel Horse'. That should bring the crowds flocking to the door ! Rod

...or is there a tube station outside the boundary ?

Al

Epping tube station appears to be outside the boundary according to this map:

lez-map-overview.jpg

Top right-hand corner, near the intersection of the M25 and the M11. It would seem to be just under a 2-hour drive from Shottisham.

I got the map here (click "Where does it operate?").

If you start a session in Shottisham will you play only schottisches?

...or is there a tube station outside the boundary ?

Al

Epping tube station appears to be outside the boundary according to this map:

lez-map-overview.jpg

Top right-hand corner, near the intersection of the M25 and the M11. It would seem to be just under a 2-hour drive from Shottisham.

I got the map here (click "Where does it operate?").

If you start a session in Shottisham will you play only schottisches?

The low emission zone David is inside the M25 so Epping is an option to consider

Not played a Schottische in Shottisham yet but Mike and I have arranged to kick off the Folk night in April so that will be the night.

Not played a Schottische in Shottisham yet but Mike and I have arranged to kick off the Folk night in April so that will be the night.

First Monday in April, not third Monday like you suggested earlier? Bummer (but I hope it goes well). I don't think I will be able to get to East Anglia that evening. Maybe next time.

Al

Is DeCoverly dead? email me new one direct.

See yr pmail in a minute here (file has locked up so have to crash machine and reload)

Train from Ipswich to Lpool St will be less than the petrol and at mo only

19.50 quid return (a third off that if u get a senior railcard) and just over an hour - road is 180m return trip and 2hrs+oneway. Bus Lpool to LBridge 14 min max and easier to organise your late dropoff at Lpool St as someone (if I am not there) can divert 10 minutes in their vehicule...Put yr gear in shopping trolley. :)