Wheatstone Linota

Liverbird

Beautiful Rosewood Wheatstone Linota, dated 26th April 1916, for sale. In great condition and playing beautifully. £6000 sterling- and instrument can be seen. Contact087 1322268 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 087 1322268 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 087 1322268 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 087 1322268 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Edited by Liverbird

Beautiful Rosewood Wheatstone Linota, dated 26th April 1916, for sale. In great condition and playing beautifully. Valued at £8000 sterling- valuation can be seen and instrument seen. Contact 087 1322268.

Presumably 30-key in C/G. Any photos? Does it still have the Wheatstone layout on the third row, or has it been modified to Jeffries layout?

No doubt it is a great instrument but £8K? Ouch! Even for a Linota that is a bit steep. You may well have been given that as a valuation, but I doubt whether you will achieve that price. £5K - £6K maybe. But good luck with your sale.

Hi- it is indeed a 30 key and C/G and have difficulty getting photos up, but expect to have them up shortly. It still has the Wheatstone layout and is in great condition and has been regularly tuned/serviced and well looked after. Plays beautifully. i am getting wildly varying advice on the current prices, which appear to have dropped over the last year or so- that will be revised a bit I'd say. I will try and get up a photo in the near future- it is in the 27 series and we are loath to let it go, but needs must! Thanks for your post.

i am getting wildly varying advice on the current prices,

You quoted a valuation figure of £8000 but what was the valuation for? A valuation for insurance will always be significantly higher than a valuation for a private sale, and the retail price from a dealer would be somewhere in between. Though I do think that £8000 is OTT even for an insurance valuation, unless its exceptional even compared with other Linotas. Also there is less money around than a few years ago, I have had a Linota for sale at an asking price of £5500 and it has take a year to find a buyer.

Was advised yesterday by the person I most respect in the field,to advertise the wheatstone at £6000, as it is in such beautiful condition. This is the asking price- you are right about the insurance quote. Thank you for the advice.It seems to bear out what I have been told.