Lachenal Concertina for sale

Spaceman Music

And the suggested date of manufacture of 1870 is much too early. The Macann system was patented in 1884 so it must have been made between then and the mid 1930s when Lachenal went out of business. The serial number 8448 strongly suggests that its from near the end of that period.

And the suggested date of manufacture of 1870 is much too early. The Macann system was patented in 1884 so it must have been made between then and the mid 1930s when Lachenal went out of business. The serial number 8448 strongly suggests that its from near the end of that period.

Theo, on inspection of the images on the nice big monitor they give me at work, I believe that serial number is 2448.

Theo, on inspection of the images on the nice big monitor they give me at work, I believe that serial number is 2448.

If the serial number were 8448, I think it would be the highest known serial number for a Lachenal duet by more than 2500. I agree that under close inspection it looks more like 2448, which should date it to around 1908, give or take.

• 4 weeks later...