wanted McCann duet concertina concert pitch restored

new english

Hi guys I am looking for a restored concert pitch Mcann duet concertina for a most irritating friend that has fallen in love with my duet concertina!!

I think this is probably illegal if not it’s certainly immoral to covert a man’s concertina LOL he is the least practical man I have ever met and wants a fully playable instrument that needs no work I thought I would ask here before suggesting the usual shops

Tony

Ps I’m still looking for a fixer upper for me to learn the mechanics tuning etc

Hi guys I am looking for a restored concert pitch Mcann duet concertina for a most irritating friend that has fallen in love with my duet concertina!!

I think this is probably illegal if not it’s certainly immoral to covert a man’s concertina LOL he is the least practical man I have ever met and wants a fully playable instrument that needs no work I thought I would ask here before suggesting the usual shops

Tony

Ps I’m still looking for a fixer upper for me to learn the mechanics tuning etc

Take a look at this one

I followed the link to the Ebay listing out of curiosity (I play EC). The starting point struck me as surprisingly low. I know that there are not a huge number of McCann players out there, but I would have thought that the starting price would have been way higher.

I followed the link to the Ebay listing out of curiosity (I play EC). The starting point struck me as surprisingly low. I know that there are not a huge number of McCann players out there, but I would have thought that the starting price would have been way higher.

Someone may get a bargain - but there may be a last second rush in bidding.

Hi Guys I have seen the Wheatstone McCann 58 that’s on eBay but I’m rather taken by the smaller Wheatstone 46 button I have

it has a nice small comfortable feel and mastering it is going to take at least 20years with only 46 buttons LOL

My friend martin (a double bass player ) loves the portability and feel of my 46 Wheatstone and he really wants a similar smaller type

concertina

Thanks

Tony

I think the seller knows that he is selling something special that is bound to attract interest from serious buyers. The risk of it going for a silly low price is small. On the other hand, having confidence, activity and movement. in the auction helps get a good price, and that is best achieved by not having a high starting price.

Someone may get a bargain - but there may be a last second rush in bidding.

£2150. A decent price for such a beast, I'd have thought. Sylvia should be pleased.