Hello all. I started lessons in Nov. and I love it. I bought a Wheatstone No.57639, which I think is just lovely and is the best thing ive ever bought!!! I spend hours practicing and have a few tunes. I have been reading all about different wheatstones and it seems that the Identity number of mine is "one of the not so good type" can anyone tell me anything about this. I didn't know there were all different qualities when I bought it. to me it sounds great.. especially when anyone elso plays it.... especially mymusic teacher.

I really enjoy all the information I find here from you all. Thanks.!!!

PS.. tis an Anglo 30 button.

Edited by sallyzoe

Hello all. I started lessons in Nov. and I love it. I bought a Wheatstone No.57639, which I think is just lovely and is the best thing ive ever bought!!! I spend hours practicing and have a few tunes. I have been reading all about different wheatstones and it seems that the Identity number of mine is "one of the not so good type" can anyone tell me anything about this. I didn't know there were all different qualities when I bought it. to me it sounds great.. especially when anyone elso plays it.... especially mymusic teacher.

I really enjoy all the information I find here from you all. Thanks.!!!

PS.. tis an Anglo 30 button.

Hi Sally (or Zoe)

If I'm not mistaken it was made on the 31st January 1956 (I was 5)!

You'll find the relevant page in the production ledger here

If you get joy from it then that's all that matters. It won't be long before it sounds gorgeous when you play it too. Good luck with it.

Andrew